GASTRIC BYPASS??

Is anyone else seeing this "Gastric Bypass, no surgery for $480" ad on here????? I hate seeing these ads because they look so inviting and EASY, especially when I am getting discouraged; but that ad seems to be EXTREMELY too good to be true........

Replies

• That is so funny. I was thinking the same thing. I am trying to get healthy but it is a lifestyle change, and that ain't easy.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Yep it's either that one or Totino's Pizza rolls... both are not good.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Oh, nooooo!! I haven't seen those, but I do occasionally see Papa John's ads, which cracks me up & pisses me off, all at the same time!! :noway:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Making things seem appealing is the point of advertising.
  • Yep it's either that one or Totino's Pizza rolls... both are not good.

havent seen that one, is that supposed to be a diet too?? lol
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    I wonder if Mike has any control of who links their advertising to his site.
  • Believe me...both of my parents have had gastric bypass surgeries...that is not easy either. But I see your point...not a good place to advertise those.
  • That is so funny. I was thinking the same thing. I am trying to get healthy but it is a lifestyle change, and that ain't easy.

Uugghh exactly and when friends ask me how my "diet" is going i cringe... Im like PLEASE dont call it that lol
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    I have seen them and they are baloney. As someone who has had gastric bypass surgery, I know that it is not a "quick fix" or "easy" and it ticks me off when people try to put it across that way, which is what that ads is trying to do. There is no way to do a real gastric bypass without doing it surgically - period.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    yep, hubby actually clicked on it once when he saw it on his.. then we read about it a bit and found a video of a lady that tried it...she didnt post past day 15 and lost lots of weight in that time (like 27 pounds i think?) its basically a fiber mixture you mix with water (and tastes nasty) and it fills your stomach up so you cant eat as much. youre supposed to drink lots of water so you dont "clog up" and we didnt really find a whole lot of good from it.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Is anyone else seeing this "Gastric Bypass, no surgery for $480" ad on here????? I hate seeing these ads because they look so inviting and EASY, especially when I am getting discouraged; but that ad seems to be EXTREMELY too good to be true........
    have you gone to it , all it is is a fiber powder you drink every morning to feel full, for 400 friggin dollars,
  • Making things seem appealing is the point of advertising.

That I do know, but i also dont believe that EVERY appealing advertisement is a scam.....
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    To get my wisdom tooth pulled w/o dentist insurance costs $925! SO I KNOW THERE'S A CATCH TO THAT PRICE! LOL!!! We all get a little discourage and think about the easy way out, but I don't like to think of this journey as a "DIET"... I like to think of it as a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHANGE that I want to continue for the rest of my life :flowerforyou:
  • Is anyone else seeing this "Gastric Bypass, no surgery for $480" ad on here????? I hate seeing these ads because they look so inviting and EASY, especially when I am getting discouraged; but that ad seems to be EXTREMELY too good to be true........
    have you gone to it , all it is is a fiber powder you drink every morning to feel full, for 400 friggin dollars,

LMBO wow, yes i did click on it but i just scanned it, didnt even want to entertain the thought any longer.
  • To get my wisdom tooth pulled w/o dentist insurance costs $925! SO I KNOW THERE'S A CATCH TO THAT PRICE! LOL!!! We all get a little discourage and think about the easy way out, but I don't like to think of this journey as a "DIET"... I like to think of it as a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHANGE that I want to continue for the rest of my life :flowerforyou:

Lol too funny and RIGHT thats exactly what my goal is!!! Til death do we part!!
  • I wonder if Mike has any control of who links their advertising to his site.

Im assuming Mike is the site owner??..
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    I tend to ignore most of the adds. Unfortunately the boot ads from Zappos.com are hard to ignore!! :noway:
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Right, Mike is the owner. I would be weird if he gets payment from the advertisers and allows this kind of ad.
  • I have seen them and they are baloney. As someone who has had gastric bypass surgery, I know that it is not a "quick fix" or "easy" and it ticks me off when people try to put it across that way, which is what that ads is trying to do. There is no way to do a real gastric bypass without doing it surgically - period.

Wow thanks im so glad u shared that!! Temptation officially GONE
  • caseyp1122
    caseyp1122 Posts: 79 Member
    I always thought gastric bypass was a bit weird. Sure it fixes one's stomach issue but the root of the problem is lifestyle choices and certainly there is no surgery to fix that.