Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Always the heavy friend

Im 21 years old, i have always struggled with my weight at a very young age. Ive tried everything but nothing seems to motivate me. I had a master trainer for 8 months and only lost 35lbs, i didnt take it seriously as i should off. Im always the heavy friend and it makes me depressed. On November 26 i will be a bridesmaids, even then im having a hard time sticking to eating healthy and finding the time to work out. Ive gotten to the point that the most effort i put in to loosing weight i ended finding my self overeating. I hope that this program help me achvieve my goal and soon be cofident with my self.

Replies

• AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Just do your best and try to think positive thoughts. I've also been the fattest of the majority of my friends my whole life until now. I'm 29 and I'm not the smallest but I'm not the biggest either. I can't tell you how many times I tried and failed at losing weight. It takes a lot of determination, but you can do it! Try different exercises until you find something you love. Even just dancing around your house is good exercise. We're all in this together and you'll find a lot of support on here. Good luck!
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Welcome to MFP! You've already made a good choice in your new lifestyle by joining! I was like you until one day I just woke up and said NO MORE! I've tried to lose weight in the past and found that I would lose 10-15 lbs and then stop and gain it all back and then some. A friend encouraged me to join MFP and I've been so happy with it! I've met some great people who are all here for the same reason and are eager to cheer you on. Stick with it because you'll be happy with the results :) Add me as a friend if you want a cheering section :)
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Welcome! If you calculate what your daily caloric intake should be using the MFP tools and enter every peice of food that you put in your mouth in to your daily food diary - You will automatically become more accountable! IF losing weight is really something that you want, YOU WILL start to lose weight ... and/or inches, like in my case. GL!
  • Thank you vey much! Yes, we all are in this together! :smile: I will give it my all.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    i was a sz 20 at your age so i feel your pain. all my friends were skinny also. you have to make the time to workout and eat right. you have to make the time to track what you eat. you have to just do it if you want to feel better and look better. i am up right now so its back to the drawing board but there is so much help on here that you cant go wrong.write down what you eat, move more, keep within your cal count and keep asking for help! and stay away from anything processed and drink lots of water
  • Ive also been in your case, finding it hard to get motivated, and having to deal with Depression at the same time. I hope this site helps you like it has helped me. Find the things that trigger you to over eat and try to avoid them. We are all here to help you with your goals, I wish you the best of luck.
  • Thank you annabellj! Ive been logging in all that im eating and drinking lots of water!:smile:
  • Thank you annabellj! Ive been logging in all that im eating and drinking lots of water!:smile:
  • :smile: Thank you to everyone that its giving me geat motivation and advice!
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Only 35lbs! :noway: 35lbs is great! you know you can do it you just need all us MFP'ers to help you along the way! Keep at it!! :flowerforyou:
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    I was too ! I was a size 24- 28 since I was 15ish and my best friend was a 4ish talk about feeling self concsious in pictures next to someone!
  • Wow you have lost 112!! I bet your happy with the results!
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    I've still got some to go but I feel much better in my skin and healthier
  • Someone beat me to this response, but it bears repeating- Only 35 pounds? 35 pounds is a great loss! Don't use the word "only", be proud of losing 35 pounds! MFP is a great site, with many people that will encourage you on your journey. This is a road to better health, not just weight loss. I've lost 17 pounds since starting this, but for me the big thing is that some pants that I couldn't button before starting this fit me again!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Yes its a big accomplishment, but slowly ive been gaining the weight. Clothes that would fit me in june will fit me super tight now :(