anybody else very emotional

Options
I have been on the cusp of tears all week and I feel very up and down - I am literally euphoric and full of life and then I am so fed up
however i am trying not to seek comfort in the cupboards and take out menu as i know this is not the answer
problem is I am not sure the cause!
ok grumble over

sweet dreams

smooches xxxx

Replies

• schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down all week on this roller coaster of emotion... hang in there hun this too will pass <3
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    when was that baby born? could you have postpartum depression? or are you TOM? usually that does it for me
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy - maybe you should just let yourself cry.

Sometimes (about once a year) that happens to me until I finally just sit down and sob and then... I'm fine.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually am around the Holidays but today instead of eating away the emotions I took some pictures of myself and actually stood and looked at how far I've come by not emotional eating anymore.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Me! I've been in tears far too many times to count today.... And, it's been over nothing.
    AUGH!
  • chefswife67
    Options
    I have been very emotional to on this journey to weight loss ..
    For me its letting go of all the pain and anger i have keeped in side of me
    for way to long .. So i look at it as lossing this weight is help me lose the past as well ..
    You will over come this in time ..
  • eoakhome
    Options
    I think we all will have these up and down thru our journey to be happy with ourselves again. I always keep a mix of nuts & raisins in my office, my car and at home. This is for those times, that you have now. You can do this !! YOU are in control now, NOT your mind and body !! You are the Boss, and brain and body have to listen to you :)) That is a good feeling ! Don't forget that you can sometimes eat "bad" things. Just less than before & not as often. We are gonna have a nice life even if we are on a diet ! If not I can not make this - that i know for sure. Try the mix of nuts & raisins. It's healthy, a little bit of salt and sugar, but not too much ! Just a little handful, not a can though.

You can do this - of course you can !! We are going to do this together. RIght ? Don't give up, cause that's what your body want you to do ! No way - you are in charge now :D
  • mrsvelasco
    Options
    i have also felt like that at times as well, everything just seems to be so overwhelming at times, :sad: i really have no one to talk to, so at times when i feel like this, i do cry, especially when my family is asleep at night, i dont like my kids to see me cry cause i dont want them to worry or think anything is wrong, but, i feel if you keep it in, it builds up to much and then you might start to feel angry, so let it out and then after tell yourself..AAWWE THAT FELT GOOD...:smile:
  • Njbelle
    Njbelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i don't know but thinking back over last week i had wondered whether TOTM due as I can be a bit grumpy or tearful but no - not the cause but I do feel that some of my friendships have upset me this past week or so and it is not seriously mean things - normal stuff that would normally not worry me

Baby is 6 months but I dont know that it is or isnt linked

i was all set to head to Mcds for comfort on way home tonight and then i remembered what a so called friend had said to another buddy - and i quote "willpower! like no willpower"

hmph i thought we will see

fat or thin i know i am genuinely kind inside and that doesn't change even if my dress size shifts a little way this and that!

xxxxx
  • momosully
    momosully Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    well it takes 2 yrs for your body to completely recover from having a baby the trauma is the equivalent to falling down a flight of stairs, so that definitely could be a factor... mmmm menstral cycle, blood sugar rising and dropping (are you eating regularly), sleep deprivation (i'm guessing thats a big YES to that). i'm just thinking what causes my mood swings. if not you mite wanna see a DR..?? could possibly be PPD ( post pardum depression)
  • mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    Totally understand how you feel, try to get some exercise. Put baby in the pram a get out for a walk. Sometimes it is ok to be down part of life.

If it carries on see your doctor though post natal depression can be awful.
  • aschoenen
    Options
    I find your concern interesting.
    Friendship is a really interesting thing. Sometimes people are just thoughtless and not malicious. Sometimes people pick others to be their "friend" to make themselves feel better. I don't know if this is your first child or a multiple but in my experience all major life changes impact us and force us to grow. When that happens, friendships either grow with us or wither away. Change in frienships can be the most painful thing in our life. What I finally accepted for myself was this, I am accountable to the family that God blessed me with. So, my energy and concerns are most fruitful directed there. I say that because for too long, my friendships were more like family connections and I was LOATH to lose them. Now I'm finally able to recognize, in spite of the pain, that one or both of us has grown in different directions and that usually helps me.

Somewhere I heard: HALT = Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired! That is usually the temp check to determine if your emotions are fully in reality or affected by one of those mitigating factors. If so, manage that factor before acting on or obsessing over any event, person or thing.

Best to you and Wy To Go not caving to the fast food urge! You're amazing to have avoided that trap. Who cares if some thoughtless B was responsible for it? You're the one that benefitted! :)

Keep on keepin on girl!
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    i don't know but thinking back over last week i had wondered whether TOTM due as I can be a bit grumpy or tearful but no - not the cause but I do feel that some of my friendships have upset me this past week or so and it is not seriously mean things - normal stuff that would normally not worry me

Baby is 6 months but I dont know that it is or isnt linked

i was all set to head to Mcds for comfort on way home tonight and then i remembered what a so called friend had said to another buddy - and i quote "willpower! like no willpower"

hmph i thought we will see

fat or thin i know i am genuinely kind inside and that doesn't change even if my dress size shifts a little way this and that!

xxxxx

I'd be interested to know a little more about your 'friend' The fact that she is not supporting you in something that is important to you (regardless of her feelings on it) is a reflection on her - NOT you. You carry on... You are not just a dress size!! Bless...