New Lady

Options
Hello everyone,

I have been using MFP for about three weeks and and I've lost 5lbs. SO EXCITING! I've been going to the gym everyday and participating in the classes. (I think they are more motivating.) I really enjoy taking kickboxing for my cardio and a weight class for toning. There are times that I can't make a class so then I would just get on the Elliptical and do small strength training.

I am hoping to loose about 65lbs by this time next year. I think that can be accomplished. I have completely changed lifestyle since I've started. I've quit smoking, drinking regular soda and I no longer buy random candy bars, even though the candy bars wasn't my problem. It was mainly I ate what I wanted and never took into consideration of what exactly I was ingesting, Unfortunately we live in a society where convenience means unhealthy. Which is sad if you think about it. Not that I am completely blaming society but it does play a role in it.

Replies

• gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome to MFP and well done and a great start to your new healthy eating plan
  • alocka01
    alocka01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you. So far so good. I am so excited. :happy:
  • snorton3
    snorton3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful, I just had a baby in June, and changing my lifestyle from what I had before I got pregnant is my goal. I was a smoker before I got pregnant, and I am doing what I can to keep that going. I do hang out and go out with friends, so when I drink i find myself occasionally picking a cigerette back up. I want to be abe to not do that. I have a goal of about 25 pounds to lose, and right now I see the inches coming off, but that baby pooch is still there.
  • alocka01
    alocka01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The baby pouch is so hard to get rid of. I'm hoping to get rid of mine too,
  • kathym1971
    Options
    Let me know when you find the secret to making the baby pooch disappear. My baby is 17 and I still have mine! Good luck to you...stay positive!
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot in common! I too quit smoking and drinking soda. I'm trying to change my life style around also. Feel free to add me if you want!!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Exceptional tools and people here to help you along the way!

Best wishes to you on your journey!