For the women...

Options
anyone else gain between 3-7lbs. during the week before they get their period?
can you notice the gain all over your body? (arms, belly, face??) :frown: it really makes me feel like im not getting anywere with my weight loss and in turn......makes me eat. so annoting....

Replies

• charlsie15
    Options
    anyone else gain between 3-7lbs. during the week before they get their period?
    can you notice the gain all over your body? (arms, belly, face??) :frown: it really makes me feel like im not getting anywere with my weight loss and in turn......makes me eat. so annoting....
  • charlsie15
    Options
    :cry:
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    Options
    I can relate. Just last week I was looking at an extra 2 lbs. on the scale. Very upsetting! Also, just feeling the bloat made me mad. My clothes felt tighter when they should have been feeling looser! I'm getting back to my actual weight now - but the memories are still sad:cry:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    I think all of us going on the same boat every month!! Is not only that the weigh is going up...
    What about all the emotional moments(like every second!!) you're not only think that your 'fat', you're thinking that the world is against you!!! I really don't like that time of the month:grumble: :grumble:
    (I'm just in that time!! Did you notice??)
    Any way, is beautiful be a WOMAN:heart:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo there with you

i posted something not too long ago about ALWAYS being hungry, and sure enough,,that's what the problem is. along with that i have extreme mood swing, i took a fit yesterday on my bf because he had the last slices of bread !!! as if i had the right to all the food on this house, but it sounded sooo logical at the time, im lucky he knows better then taking it seriously.

i try not too touch the scale at all during that time. its just too much of an emotional challenge.

and the whole ordeal lasts about 1 week. well that is 1/4 of the month , it seems like an awfull long time to be have extreme mood swings and be borderline depresive. in 3 weeks we'll have to do it all over again !!!.

if at least there was chocolate.....

good luck
    may
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I always go up around five pounds. I've tried all the "right" things to avoid this. Watching my sodium, extra calcium, and many other things.

The only thing that helps me at all is to keep exercising (I often have to do less intense work-outs during) and extra water.

I spend a few days a month feeling like my skin is on too tight. They pass. I know now to not get on the scale that week.:flowerforyou:

I do have chocolate. (and so can you!) I find a small, dark high quality bar and figure it in to my daily calories. The dark stuff is really intense, so I feel satisfied after a small one.
  • sdouglas
    sdouglas Posts: 22
    Options
    I totally relate. Right now I am so depressed about the water weight gain all of us women gain during our period. And yes, it made me crave chocolate! Never ever do I crave it, but before the period, I cant get enough of it. Then I move on to the Cheez Its! I guess we should all hang in there, and drink your water.
  • sdouglas
    sdouglas Posts: 22
    Options
    I totally relate. Right now I am so depressed about the water weight gain all of us women gain during our period. And yes, it made me crave chocolate! Never ever do I crave it, but before the period, I cant get enough of it. Then I move on to the Cheez Its! I guess we should all hang in there, and drink your water.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    :sick: Yes. I can totally relate. I feel bloated all over. I crave carbs like it's something going out of style, esp chocolate. I usually just feel like....:sick: :cry: :indifferent: :ohwell:
  • charlsie15
    Options
    hahahah...you guys are great! im glad im not the only one. i NEVER go on the scale unless i am feeling thinner. i cant see the same numbers. (even if that means not going on for a week or two) and chocolate??....yeah....i had 3 brownies today....guess whats comming??.....man i feel fa-a-at. hahaha. its tough being us sometimes but im glad i am a woman....xo:flowerforyou: