I know what the BMR says..but..

Options
Ok quick question...

I did calculate on this site and it is saying 1200 cals for me. Im 5'0 and I weigh about 115 pounds. However that is really difficult for me to maintain...

my question is does anyone think 1500 cals is to much..?

Replies

• opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    Ok quick question...

I did calculate on this site and it is saying 1200 cals for me. Im 5'0 and I weigh about 115 pounds. However that is really difficult for me to maintain...

my question is does anyone think 1500 cals is to much..?
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Well, they say I should eat 1,400 a day, and I am 5'6 and weigh 134 lbs. So I would say that isn't too much for you. Maybe try 1,400 like me if it feels like too much. But you don't seem like you have a lot of weight to lose, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you are eating healthier and staying at 1,400-1,500 calories, you should be fine:smile:

:heart: Danielle
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, maintanance for you is around 1600 assuming you are lightly active, probably slightly higher if you have a physical job, or walk more then a mile or 2 every day. So you can get away with 1500 sure, but if you are trying to loose at 1500 then that is only a 100 calorie deficite, now if you add a few hundred exercise calories to that, then sure, you could probably do 1/2 to 1 lb per week...maybe. At your size, that would probably be the max you can do. 5' and 115 is pretty tiny (respectfully), so loosing weight at that size won't be as easy as it is for someone who is classified as overweight or obese.
  • opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks Ya'll :flowerforyou:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I'm only 4' 11'' and my goal weight is also 110. I got that by putting in a weight that would put me in the middle of the category for healthy fat--what is that BMR or BMI, I never remember--anyway, it is totally reasonable and realistic for your height. Make sure that you have entered your information correctly, if you are active, give yourself credit for that, if not, make sure you make that adjustment. Plan on doing toning and strengthening exercises today and every day because 5 is a lot easier to work with than 50.

What is the part that is difficult to maintain, the weight part or the calorie part.
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    So my BMR said I should eat 1200 also. I'm 5"2' and weigh 178. Am I not eating enough?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I dont think you need to lose anything. So I sure hope you are defiintely trying to maintain and not lose.

I would calculate a typical day for you and see how much you eat and then stay within that. If you are trying to tone up then just eat the calories you have burned.