Had pizza for lunch and have no idea how to track it....

Options
Today a customer at work bought my staff pizza and I had 2 slices for lunch. I have no idea how to count these ad incorporate them into my diary. I found a generic pizza slice an it totaled up 850 calories for 2 slices yikes!!! With the pizza and my other meals added in plus my exercise my net calories were 1281. Feel free to look at my diary and see of you think the pizza count is too high. I feel like crap because I can't accurately count my lunch and I have no idea where my calories stand for the day. This is the first time I've 'cheated' in about 3 weeks so I dont feel too bad, but I wish I wouldn't have eaten it.

Replies

• Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Most of thepizza stores are already in the database. Type in the name of it in the search section and see if it pops up.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    this
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Even if it was from a chain, there's always going to be some variance depending on who made the pizza. Choose as close a match as you can and run with it.
  • adamhaywood
    Options
    I always pick the highest calorie choice if i'm not sure just to be onthe safe side. That way you're sure it;s enough. Don't think of it as cheating, you are still allowed to treat yourself sometimes :)
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I usually count 200 calories for cheese and 300 calories for 1 topping:smile:
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would not worry too much. It's a one-time event. Won't make a lick of difference in the long run,
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I always pick the highest calorie choice if i'm not sure just to be onthe safe side. That way you're sure it;s enough. Don't think of it as cheating, you are still allowed to treat yourself sometimes :)

I like your advice. We ARE allowed to eat treats sometimes. As long as we log it and stay on track most of the time it's all good :bigsmile:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me today and it logged at 660 for 2 slices Domino thin crust cheese mushroom n peppers, Pizza is very high calorie. :sad:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Anthony's pizza, but when I looked in the MFP database, the highest calorie pizza I found was 290 per slice. That was Papa John's pizza. I looked at quite a few (all the major chains) and none of them came even close to 425 per slice. I didn't check for a thick crust, though. Is Anthony's a local pizza joint in your area? Maybe you could call them for a nutrition report. Hope this helps.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Food logs are never entirely accurate, so I wouldn't worry too much. I estimate all the time because my school cafeteria does not provide nutrition information. As you can see, I still lose weight.
  • bnelly55
    bnelly55 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys! The pizza was from a local joint called Anthony's. Oh well I logged it and moved on. You guys are always so great and full of support.