5'4

Options
I am 5'4 and set my goal at 135... but I think I want to lower it to 130... I was wondering what other people around 5'4 had for their goals?!?!

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    You have done fantastic already if you want to push it for more go for it. Stay healthy and keep that rockin that smile :)
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mine is 128, I'm at 132 right now.
  • mrsamyhicks
    Options
    I am 5'4 and set my goal at 135... but I think I want to lower it to 130... I was wondering what other people around 5'4 had for their goals?!?!

Wow Im 5'4, starting weight was 220 (before I joined MFP), current weight 210, my goal weight is 160. I like a little meat on my bones. I was skinny in school and I HATED it lol so I dont want to be skinny just "thick" and toned. :-)
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'4" and my goal is around 120 -125 lbs. I'm at 138 lbs right now and I feel good -- in the best shape of my life. But it's still not where I want to be, ya know? I think maybe you just keep going until you finally feel great in your skin. :)
  • mrsamyhicks
    Options
    You have done fantastic already if you want to push it for more go for it. Stay healthy and keep that rockin that smile :)

Right I was just looking at that myself and am amazed!! I surely can do this!!! She is doing awesome
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 203. My goal as of now is to get to 145 so I'm completely out of the over weight column on the BMI chart. I'm 16lbs away and once I get there I will see if I want to lower it.
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I am 5'4" and am ok where I am at weighing 155-160 in a size 8/10. Keep in mind that I have been over 200 pounds most all of my adult hood not wearing smaller than a 14/16.
    If I had to set a specific weight goal/size I think I would like to see myself about a size 4/6 and maybe 120-130 max.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I think i just depends on your build and where you feel the most health :0) I'm 5'4 1/2" and my orginial goal was 125. I dropped it down to 115 as I was working to maintain. I'm usually at the bottom end tho..110-112. Its sort of a balancing act! Best of luck to you :)
  • Goal_HourGlass
    Goal_HourGlass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same with me I started at 250 and I set my goal at 160....I guess some people like to be thinner than others. I say if you think 130 is good for you...go for it! :-D
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    you may want to check out this post, it will give you a lot of help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/393876-any-women-5-3-or-5-4-with-before-and-after-pics
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You have done so great! I'm 5'4", started out at 165, now currently down to 140, and I have my goal set to 125. That's right in the middle of the healthy range for 5'4" based on the BMI chart. I figure right in the middle is doable. I distinctly remember being 105, 115, and 130, and I know without a doubt that 105 is too small for me (so says me, my family, and the BMI chart LOL), 115 was nice but I was out of shape, 130 is where I was when I got married and it was 'okay' but but not great. I think 125-ish will work out nicely if I keep working out to make sure I don't have the 'skinny-fat' effect when I get there. I'll re-evaluate as I get closer to see what feels best.
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" (almost 5'5") and my goal weight is 135. I started out at 190 and currently 167.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! No harm to keep going a bit and see, as long as you don't go below a healthy weight.

Body fat has more to do with your end result than a number.

I'm 5'4, 127 lbs, and have a good friend who is also 5'4 and 119. We wear the same size clothes, but she doesn't work out at all, whereas I work out 6 days. Our "containers" (so to speak) are the same size, but her "filling" is fluffier (she has higher body fat). I"ll take my number over hers any day.

blessings.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! No harm to keep going a bit and see, as long as you don't go below a healthy weight.

I'm 5'4, 127 lbs, and have a good friend who is also 5'4 and 119. We wear the same size clothes, but she doesn't work out at all, whereas I work out 6 days. Our "containers" (so to speak) are the same size, but her "filling" is fluffier (she has higher body fat). I"ll take my number over hers any day.

blessings.

very cute!
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started at 137, my goal is between 120-125. I think I'll know when I get there
    Awesome job so far!!!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Mine is 110, but I have a very small frame. I will probably settle at a higher weight since I've been building muscle, but 110 was the weight I was at comfortably for a few years.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    139 is my goal. I'm actually 5'3.5"
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hover around 129-134. The goal I wanted was 125. With my diet and exercise patterns, 125 wasn't happening. In order to get there, I would really have to be more strict with diet/exercise. I'm in the middle of the healthy weight range and wear a 6/8. I can be quite satisfied with that. When It's bathing suit season my mid-section could be a lot better as that is where my weight likes to go. Good thing it's Fall! Good Luck to you.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

blessings.

LOL I am definitely trying to de-fluff my filling a bit. ;-)
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    135-145lbs :)
    i have a large frame though.