Grocery Store Hidden-Treasure Snack Switch Up !!!

Options
Lets face it, nobody likes to quit eating their favorite snacks... and thats what makes going to the grocery store fun for me.... finding that AWESOME alternative. Maybe there's other "this vs that" threads, but didnt see any at a quick glance/search. Ill kick this off:

THE SWITCH!
Before - Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream = 170 cal 10g fat 30mg cholesterol
TREASURE!!! - Blue Bunny No Sugar Added = 90 cal 3g fat 10mg cholesterol

Before - Lay's Kettle Cooked Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Chips 36 chips = 300 cal 19g fat
TREASURE!!! - Trader Joe's Sea Salt and Pepper Crisps 38 (smaller but flavor-packed) chips = 120 cal 3g fat

Any more?! What are your favorites?! I am a snack fiend... and I need some more!

Replies

• gossja23
    Options
    I just had these the other day and they are really tasty and very low calorie!

http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=1583&prdID=121071
  • twildmann
    Options
    I, too, love finding foods that are lower calories to replace some of my faves.

I used to LOVE butterfingers, but tons of calories. Replaced with slim fast peanut butter crunch bars. Taste almost the same but only 100 calories.

Weight watchers also makes a peanut butter cup sundae for 170 calories that is yummy.

Can't wait to hear more....
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I buy the newman's own unsalted/no butter popcorn stick one serving of 3.2 cups in a bag and shake it up with some cinnamon.

Also Kamut cakes (like rice cakes) are only 22 calories per serving rather than 40. You can dip it in anything you want or just eat them plain.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anything by Skinny Cow ice cream. Their candy is also good.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • nabeeo5
    Options
    I like to freeze yoplait whips instead of eating ice cream. Mmmm
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I discovered Kashi Pita Chips this wk. They come in different flavors. I've discarded the box, but I think they were like 11 for about 120 cal. They are a nice size and really crispy. That's the thing I need is the crunchiness.:drinker:
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Ritz crackers : crazy high in fat and calories to

wasa-crisp-n-light-34786.jpg

Three slices are only 60 calories and it's AMAZINGLY filling with peanut butter and apples on top!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny cow candy. I also like cheddar cheese rice snacks. If you like cheese, laughing cow light cheese is good.
  • michaelocampo
    michaelocampo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Special K Sea Salt Cracker Chips 30 chip = 110 cal 3g fat 0 cholesterol

texture/consistency kind of like PopChips (some flavors of which are also decent hidden treasures) but flavored differently. i like these though because the flavor is more muted and i use them instead of tortilla chips with salsa. there are no real good tortilla chip alternatives (I've found) and popchips have a little too much flavor to mix with salsa.
  • michaelocampo
    Options
    Ritz crackers : crazy high in fat and calories to

wasa-crisp-n-light-34786.jpg

Three slices are only 60 calories and it's AMAZINGLY filling with peanut butter and apples on top!

whoa... this one sounds yumm-o
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wasa crackers and a wedge of Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese.
  • michaelocampo
    Options
    hmm. Ive never noticed Skinny Cow at my store before... I need to check next time...
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love almost all of the World Table brand snacks, but the chai cookies are so good, and 130 calories for SIX cookies, and LOVE the rice thins! The brand is Wal-Mart's "private" brand, and they have some really good options for snacks!

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/world-table
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michaelocampo
    Options
    bump