Hi, Im new here. Nervous!

Options
Hi, Im Annie and I've just joined the site after being introduced by a friend. I'm excited to give this a huge go, but I'm rather nervous incase I let myself down and fail miserably, I just don't seem to have ever found enough motivation before. Lets just hope this time is different.
Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always up for a natter and a few encouraging words :)
Annie x

Replies

• sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous. :) This site is great, and really helpful. Congrats on taking your first step to reaching your goals. :)))
  • hippichick65
    Options
    Guuuurrrrrlllll, you are not alone! I just joined too and I already feel the love! Let's do this together!! Add me and I gotcher back!! Renee
  • lamplikeeyes
    Options
    Thanks ladies :) Renee, I'll add you now! I'm feeling the love too, its great being able to write down and see what you've achieved in one place so easily! Hopefully we'll all do great together.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    No reason to be nervous. Everyone here is very supportive and helpful. Truthfully the nice bunch of people you will find on the internet. We are from everywhere and are trying to do the same thing so reach out to whom ever you feel will help you and i bet they will. I am up all night if you ever need someone to vent too message too etc.. Enjoy
  • bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome, I am new myself. Joined 3 or 4 days ago.
  • BradieFit
    Options
    Hey there, nothing to be nervous about! It's like a game to me...logging on at home or on my phone, entering what I eat - and I mean everything! from Jello shots to french fries to the days and meals I'm more proud of - it works! Just track it! You'll find motivation in the knowledge...hmmm, if I walk that extra mile I can have that Edy's lowfat choc. chip cone tonight. I didn't start this (50 days ago) with the plan to loose weight, but to kind of assess myself, after others told me about it and that it was actually fun. Turns out I've lost 11lbs now, and it's not by dieting! Just by having this "fitness pal" to help me track. My husband doesn't need to loose, just uses it as an awareness tool, and we've both learned that we needed more potassium and have added that as a supplement, for one example. So, have fun with it, surprise yourself by what learning about what you consume and what you burn. Remember to set the timer when you house clean and do other things on your feet-you get credit for those as well as for the intentional exercise. Good luck tracking! :0)
  • stemen2011
    stemen2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared! I have found the BEST support here even when my family shoved food in my face!
  • mainscott
    mainscott Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 day new as well. feel free to add me and we can motivate and encourage each other. Glad your here...Scott
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of wonderful people here. Glad you are on here.
  • cheekymits
    Options
    Same gurll.Goodluck.Feel free to add
  • RuthMarie17
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!, I just joined this week myself. Looking forward to all who I can add as a friend for support. Here is to OUR first 5lbs all you newbies!!!! I know I'm going to need it with Thanksgiving right around the corner. Thank you!!
  • amirose91
    amirose91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Annie. :) Don't worry, I'm the same. I've tried to lose weight with healthy eating so often but my downfall was I was the only one dieting and everyone else kept tempting me with good food. Now I have a couple of friends on here I've got the support there to keep motivated and not accept that extra slice of cake etc. If you need help or want to meet up to do exercise then let me or Kass know. :)
  • LoseForTheLastTime
    Options
    Dont worry babba, i'm nervous too :P
    We'll keep each other motivated and do it together :)
    On my friends list add hurricane hels. Her names helen, she's one of our friends from the shop, amaaing little lady, definately a motivated/motivating person :)<3