2 Weeks have changed my life.

Options
2 weeks down. Wow! Seems like so much longer than that since I have eaten sweets or had a beer.

My decision to pursue a healthier lifestyle stemmed from a bout of depression I was in. I will be competely candid, my diet consisted of at least 1 pizza a day and at least some amount of chocolate. Truth be told, sometimes I would go out and buy 2 large mint chcolate bars and would sit and eat piece after piece while watching TV. This happened a couple times a week.

My love affair with the Big Mac has always been in check. Except for maybe once a month I would cave and pick one up with large fries. Beer, well, i would have maybe 1 or 2 a week. Not so bad. It does all add up though!

I hit new levels though a few weeks ago and was likely ingesting at least 3000 calories from junk food and day (on top of meals). My depression got worse as did the eating. That was it, I had enough. I felt like crap and i was going to do something about it!

I decided to keep track of my meals. I searched for a food diary and found MFP. It looked like it worked well so I signed up and am so happy I did! It has been 2 weeks now and I have logged ever single piece of food/drink that has entered my mouth.

This is what I have done to change my lifestyle:

I always knew food could be high in calories and fat, etc, but never paid much attention to the actual numbers. Now that is the first thing I look at! Ingredients and nutritional info. Even if it doesn't sound so bad I check the other boxes for options.

I plan my meals now! I always make sure I have food ready to eat in my house so I don't feel tempted to be lazy and just order in.

I eat breakfast! I never used to like to eat first thing but now I always at least have some toast or fruit. it has made me feel so much better.

I have upped my vegtable intake by at least 400%. Fruits too!

I have been learning how to cook new foods and am really enjoying it! I cook meals for my girlfriend all the time (she says she is being spoiled, but never complains about that!)

i workout 6 days a week. I joined a gym and a personal trainer. I am building muscle and burning fat like never before! Total results as of this writing is 5 pounds lost and inches off my chest, waist and hips. I feel tighter and stronger.

The biggest and most important result however is that I don't feel depressed all the time anymore! My body and mind are lighter and more relaxed. I have pride in myself for the hard work I am putting into this! I have confidence in myself to acheive my goal in wieght loss and am already planning my next move!

There are more ways eating well has improved my life but those are the main ones. I am excited that by summer I will be in fantastic shape and ready to take my shirt off at the beach without being embarassed!

I know i can do it because I am really really enjoying this new life of mine! I am thankful to MFP and all it's members for the support they give. :)

Jeff

Replies

• tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    WOW way to go!
  • sororitythin
    Options
    This was so uplifting! I am so impressed and proud of you. Keep it up, love! :)
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work Jeff! :smile:
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    Way to go, man! I'm psyched for you. You've obviously put thought and effort into this. You're not going to regret it!
  • diederichs
    Options
    Great job, Jeff!!! I was a fast food addict and feel your pain a.k.a. urge that comes and goes. But your concept will work - always keep food you like at home, check the calories and be strong!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You will go far with that attitude and dedication! Way to go!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have such a great attitude - I know you can do it!