Stretch Marks...

Options
Has anyone had success with any lotions, etc. that help make stretch marks disappear better? I know they'll go away as I lose weight, but I want them to be as invisible as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had success with any lotions, etc. that help make stretch marks disappear better? I know they'll go away as I lose weight, but I want them to be as invisible as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I JUST started to use bio oil, which I heard was pretty good. So sorry, no can help!
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Let me know how the bio oil goes Zara.... I saw it was pretty expensive and I don't want to get it until I know it works :happy:

PS: Unfortunately, stretch marks will never fully go away. Once the damage is done, they are with you for life :noway: They will lighten over time on their own, though.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Some people on here were making a big deal about how well Bio Oil was working so I decided to give it a try. I used it maybe twice and forgot completely about it. if it doesn't do anything for my stretch marks, it sure will moisturize my skin :flowerforyou:
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried one from Avon and one from the store that I just cannot remember the name of after I had my son (since I have pretty bad ones on my stomach). Frankly, they just do not work. It was a waste of about $40. The marks never really go away but can become lighter over time.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LOVE Bio Oil. :love:
    I was one of those people lusting after it last year on here!

I gained over 60 lbs, and was around 200 lbs when I delivered my kids - so I certainly had stretch marks. For me, 3 things seemed to work to reduce their appearance:

(1) Time (fades the redness into a silvery/white mark).
    (2) Bio Oil
    (3) A tan - real or fake, it makes them look better.

You can also check out my tummy up close on my profile pic - you can see faint marks on my lower abdomen, but to be perfectly honest, I don't care enough about them to let them bother me!
    Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tig3rang3l
    Options
    Honestly I wish I had the excuse of a pregnancy! All I have to blame my stretch marks for is me :tongue: Looks like I'm going to be picking up some bio oil and self tanner for the summer!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    vitamen e oil and lavender oil both help to reduce the visibility - and help heal skin/scars/stretch marks..
    good luck
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Thank you for your help! I think I'm going to check out Bio Oil when I go to the store next time :)
  • angyltears
    Options
    What about neosporin? Or that gell/cream stuff that a Dr. will give you to help scar tissue heal?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Although I don't like them and agree a tan helps, my husband calls them battle scars. He says he likes them. It shows I'm a woman and a mother, the two things I should be proud of. He's such a goof.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I paid 21 - ish for a small bottle. I wanted to cry. But yeah - I totally forgot about putting it on for several days. I'm bad with stuff like that. Tonight - oh, hell. I'll go do it right now. Grrr.

But yes - apparently you're supposed to give it three months. Hopefully tanning will help, I have darker skin, so the idea of them lightening even more is terrifying :laugh: I'll look like a pale zebra!

If anything, cocoa butter is fairly cheap, I think.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    lol battle scars I love that ....Ive decided my stretch marks will be part of my summer attire and I will have earned the right to show them off ..ha-ha I dont think there is anything that will rid of them 100%..mine are very light and white in color I know some people have deep red ones..I wonder what triggers them to be red.....
  • tig3rang3l
    Options
    lol battle scars I love that ....Ive decided my stretch marks will be part of my summer attire and I will have earned the right to show them off ..ha-ha I dont think there is anything that will rid of them 100%..mine are very light and white in color I know some people have deep red ones..I wonder what triggers them to be red.....

Usually they are red (kinda raw looking) to begin with, and lighten over time. Mine all used to be a red/purple colour, but have since turned white and silvery.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    We should all begin using BiO Oil and report back.
    I'll start tomorrow after my shower.

:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    bad news-- Stretch marks don't go anywhere-also tanning doesn't do anything because- the pigment is gone in the stretched areas- and tanning makes them more noticeable when everything around them is tan and you have white streaks-

I have them from kids on my stomach and hips and can't stand them

Now I do have some from just growing fast as a kid but I don't care about them--

I also know skinny people who never had kids or were fat who have them just from growing--

They suck but they are there thats what plastic surgeons need to come out with something for stretch marks that actually works not something they say works- I even rubbed vitamin E oil and cocoa butter on my stomach my entire pregnancy with no prevail
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    News I already knew :smile:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Yes, I knew already that they don't go away completely, I'd just hate to lose all this weight and then not be able to show my body off in a bikini because of my horrid stretch marks! :indifferent:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Yes, I knew already that they don't go away completely, I'd just hate to lose all this weight and then not be able to show my body off in a bikini because of my horrid stretch marks! :indifferent:

If you have the body to wear a bikini who cares if you have stretch marks
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I love Bio OIl! It does work. They don't completely go away....but they have faded considerably! It's worth the $10 (Wal-mart and CVS)