help please

Options
some one please look into my food diary and give me some insight, i love my snacking but i dont want it to slow me down from losing weight, will i be okay if i add snacks like those in everyday? just need a push into the right direction .
thank you :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You want to net at least 1200 calories, otherwise looks okay
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    snacking HELPS me lose weight! it helps to keep me from becoming extremely hungry prior to meal time and completely over-eating. snacks are great as long as the are included in your calorie allowance. looks like you're doing a great job so far! i eat a lot of sugar free jello pudding, no sugar added fudgesicles, pickles, grape tomatoes, rice cakes (they have some really great flavors out now!), and yogurt. they're all pretty low cal (especially the fudgesicles and pickles) and they satisfy my urge to eat (especially when i know i want to eat due to boredom). feel free to take a peek at my diary (it should be open to the public)... i spend more calories on snacks than i do meals most days (that's what it feels like anyway) and i've still managed to lose 23 pounds in 95 days. hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt worry so much about the snacks. they look fairly healthy.
    i am worried that you arent eating enough though! your net some days is as low as 334 :(
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are eating enough calories. Snacking is ok, as long as it is good food and you have the calories for it, and you have plenty of calories.
  • Jackpalm
    Options
    your diary looks good :) nothing looks bad, Are you losing?
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It looks good to me. Snacking would only hold you back if it makes you overeat or if you're eating less healthy foods and not getting proper nutrition.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You're really not eating enough. 2 hard boiled eggs or just toast for dinner is not good enough. Try having the hard boiled eggs at breakfast for a morning protein boost. Your snacks don't look too bad but you really need to build on your meals. More veggies, dairy, whole grains, lean protein.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE! 1200 is way too low anyways for most people and you're not hitting that. No woman should eat less than 1200 calories, regardless of how much you're exercising. I usually aim for 1800-2000 calories, and I typically burn between 300-1000 calories in exercise depending on my work out that day.

Add in some nuts - almonds or pistachios are great options..... or even add in some greek yogurt or something..... these are high protein, calorie dense foods that will really benefit you.

Start weight onJanuary 1 2011 - 303.4lbs
    Current Weight 213lbs
    DOWN 90.4 POUNDS!
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    thank you everyone for your insight.. i was not supposed to have any bread for lunch today but my shirataki noodles let me down.. i'am trying to work on my meals no matter how hard i try i can't eat salads anymore..
    i have lost 8lbs in about 20days i just want to do this the healthy way so i can stick with it.. thank you again i will defiantly be doing at least 1200calories
  • sebusch
    sebusch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey

I took a quick look at your food diary and if I could offer some advice it would be the following.

1. You aren't eating enough, under 1200 calories and you completed some cardio - you're body is starving! It is keeping every bit of fat it can get because it doesn't know that the next meal is coming.

2. Think of your body like one of those old time trains with the cole fired engine, you need to keep filling the engine in order to keep burning. Based on your diary, it looks like there is some grazing ( or maybe waiting too long between meals then kind of binging). Try to eat five to six meals a day, with 2.5 to 3 hours between meals. You'll never be STARVING, and you keep your metabolism cooking. When you wait too long between meals, your metabolism slows down, you may burns some fat for energy in the short term but long term your body hold onto fat in order to prevent starvation,

I read a great breakdown of a healthy diet in Muscle and Fitness a couple of month ago, for a weight loss diet someone should aim for 11-13 calories/lbs of body weight (1-1.5g protein/1g of carbs/0.25-0.5 of fat per lb). Maybe aiming for meals in that range might help.

Anyways, hope this is helpful! Feel free to tell me to stick it in my eye if you don't agree :)

Shannon