Quit smoking..Over eating!!!! HELP!!

Options
hey everyone!! I quit smoking two weeks ago, and I have gained a few pounds. I am proud of myself for quitting a nasty 8 year addiction but I hate that I am now gaining weight. I am working out more, but I am also eating more. I currently weigh 140, and would like to be between 110-120 so I still have a bit to go. If anyone has quit smoking during their weight loss journey and has any tips, please help!! Thanks!!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I quit in August, and didn't gain any weight. I increased the exercise I was doing, and it totally helped with cravings and whatnot.

Good luck and congrats! That is really hard to do.
  • shinypinkpolish
    Options
    I quit in February, and found simple things to help, such as: sipping lots of water, eating sugar free candies when I felt like eating, or just get better snacks in general. Fruits, veggies stuff like that...Congrats on quitting!
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I quit in april, I just drink alot of water. Munch on veggies and fruit.
    I never gained any weight. But I di exercies a lot,
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    congrats on quitting. Don't forget that the physical addiction only lasts 10 days after your last cigarette

You are struggling with an oral fixation, and also trying to satisfy a need, your body wants nicotine, and its confusing it for hunger.

Just drink lots of water, chew gum, and get lots of little sugar free candies to keep your mouth occupied
  • Chelseazavala
    Options
    My sister chewed tons of low calorie,sugar free gum to help her cravings.
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great advice everyone!! I will be going to get some sugar free candy and extra celery and carrots tomorrow!! I think im eating out of bordem! Honestly. I spent at least an hour a day smoking, so I need to better fill my time!! If I need to munch, I need to do it the healthy way!! Thanks all!!