Hi my name is Denise and today my first day.

Options
My goal is to get down to 135 pounds before I turn 40. I currently wait 199 maybe 200 not sure. Anybody have any tips on how to stay on task towards my Idea weight.

Thank you for your time.
Denise

Replies

• branflake5
    Options
    Joining this site is a great start! There are a lot of tools here to help you as well as keep you accountable. Also tons of great people to support you along the way. Good Luck ! You can do it!!!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Get to the Gym!!!! Oh and cut out empty beverage calories(Soda, Iced tea, Alcohol). Welcome and good luck!!!:smile:
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Log your food no matter what!!!!!!!!! Add me if you want. Even if you know you are having a bad calorie day. Sometimes I'll just add 3000 and be done with it. Tomorrow is another day!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    welcome! my biggest tip would be to take full advantage of this site. use the food diary, the forums, add friends... take everything it has to offer! this is a wonderful place and has done so much to keep me motivated and excited about a healthier lifestyle!!! hope it does the same for you. :flowerforyou:
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    I just joined myself and am already appreciating the support. My problem will be keeping it up, rather than letting it slide after the novelty wears off.

It's a daily struggle and everyone here understands that. The support is great!
  • smokey10910
    Options
    Hi Denise! I used to be 207 and I have just hit 129 I am so excited and you CAN do it! I started slow with walking and watching what you eat! Good luck I find that searching forums and talking with people about it really keeps me motivated! :) Good luck!
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise, I would agree with everyone, cut out the soda and the carbs. You will see in a short amount of time the cravings will wain. And just start by walking and then kick up your cardio. I love the food journal, you will find somethings that you eat, that you think are good for you, have serious calories or fats....
    Get some good friends on here, the people here are working toward the same goal as you are. And they are very supportive! Feel free to friend me if you want.

How much time do you have to reach your goal? Good luck, you can do it!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Patience. You do not gain the weight over night, nor will you lose it that way. Do not over react if you do not always make your goals, and celebrate, within reason, when you do. :)
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I enter my food into my diary before I eat it. It helps me stay on track and if something has way more calories or fat than I thought, I just delete it and find a better food choice. Good Luck
  • MomtoMany7
    Options
    Hi Denise! Welcome!

I am 40 starting at 200 and aiming for 165.

Welcome!

Cheryl