Leslie Sansone - Walk Away The Pounds...?

Options
Is this considered solely cardio? I only use 1, sometimes 2lb weights, so I'm wondering if this would be considered mostly cardio or a little bit of strength training/resistance as well? I'm looking for a workout that I actually like to do and have the stamina to finish, so I'm gonna try to do one or two miles every other day, but I want to make sure that I'm keeping or gaining muscle while still losing weight... so with that in mind, would this exercise work for weight loss as well as improving muscle??

Thanks!

Replies

• JanisCat11
    Options
    maybe a little. But honestly it would probably be better to try to do some strength training stuff. You don't have to go to a weight room or anything, but doing some squats, crunches, push ups (I do the ones on my knees), tricep dips, etc. will help you maintain the muscle. I will say when I started lifting weights I saw a huge difference in my body shape and the weight I was losing showed so much more than before. So, I would encourage you to put some of your emphasis there.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WATP!! Personally, I'm so out of shape that it seems to work well for me as both cardio and strength training, cause some of the walks require you to do some squats and lunge-like movement, which ultimately works your muscles, thus helping you build muscle. I wouldn't say it's as effective as actual weight lifting, but it's great because it COULD be both cardio AND strength. I agree with the previous poster and maybe incorporate some sort of resistance training/weight lifting regimen that really focuses on particular muscle groups, and consider WATP as mostly cardio. Buuuuttt... really, the important thing is that you're exercising and being active, regardless of what you're doing!

Much Love and Alohas,
    -Ihilani Kapuniai