I Hate Water.! HELP.!

Options
Hello everyone I'm new to the site.! :-). I was on weight watchers but due to the fact that I'm a college student, funds are low and I couldn't keep up with the payment. But I LOVE that I've found this site and I'm very excited to start.!

I do need help with one thing though... I HATE WATER.! I know my body needs it but it taste weird and it makes my stomach hurt in some cases... What do you all recommend? If you can help please do.!

Feel free to add me also.!

Replies

• brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I used to think it was gross too. It tastes like...nothing. Weird. But try gradually increasing how much of water you drink every day until you're up to 8 cups a day. During this time, try limiting soda, tea, or other sweetened drinks. Your tastes will adjust as you body thanks you for real hydration. :) Good luck!
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    try mio. its great and no calories or carbs! and brita now sells a water bottle with a filter in it for about 9 bucks i bought two one for me and one for my husband. and the refills for the filter come 2 in a box, they run about 6 to 7 bucks. totally worth it!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it at first either, but the more you drink it the better your have a taste for it!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Green or other herbal teas
    Sparkling water by itself or with lemon or lime (fresh)
    Icy cold water with a dash of lemon or lime (fresh)
  • Akahime
    Akahime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you like tea? I would recommend a straight green tea, no sugar, no milk. Brew it with water that's steaming but not boiling or it will become rather bitter. If the tap water is what tastes funny try getting a Brita pitcher since bottled water is expensive.
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    Options
    honestly.. your probably just going to have to get used to it..
    there really is no alternative for pure clean water..
    as PP has suggested maybe try a filter bottle? possibly the chemicals in the water are what makes u feel ill
  • yancha19
    Options
    Beer has water in it. Try that.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Get a Brita filter and appease your body with what it needs.
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The more you drink it the more you like it especially as you increase your exercise and healthy eating and start decreasing the amount of sugars you consume. In the meantime try some flavor options like lemons and limes or crystal light type mixes, look for ones low in calories.

Also try filtering your water!
    Good Luck!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Get a bottle of Real Lemon. Put a squirt into your water. Tastes great.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Add some lemon with stevia or truvia.. nommy nommy nom noms!
  • Paisha_T
    Options
    Great Recommendations guys.! Thanx.!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just told myself that I loved water, and I ended up loving it. I really can't get enough of it. It's better out of a plastic water bottle if you ask me though
    Sorry Im not much help, but if you tell yourself you love something, you can trick yourself sometimes :P
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I use lemon in my ice water for a little flavor

right now its too cold for ice water for me, so my water comes from black coffee and unsweetened brewed tea
  • branflake5
    Options
    try to add a splash of cranberry juice for flavor or crystal light. I had a hard time with drinking so much water at 1st to but now i need it available to me at all times its like i an't get enough. just mad myself drink it and got used to it i guess
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try adding some juice to it..then gradually decrease the amount of juice until your taste adjusts to the "taste" of water..I had to do that when I first started drinking water cuz I hated the taste of water...now I drink the heck out of water..
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You might try crystal light, mio, or caffeine free herbal tea bags. . Me. . I am pounding mine tonight as we speak. . I have 32 more ounces to make my gallon for today!

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Try a water filter. If you can't afford one, try to let your water sit for a few hours before drinking, this will allow any chlorine that is added to it to evaporate. I live in Atlanta, and they put so much chlorine in the water you can smell it. There's no way I can drink the tap water.

One think I liked to do to get myself started on drinking water was to mix juice and water half an half. Or you can try to make a "tea" of mint and lemon, its actually pretty sweet:

In a microwave proof container squeeze one lemon and cut up a bunch of mint into small pieces. Add a some water and microwave for a few minutes in 30 second intervals. At each interval, use something to mush the mint so the flavor comes out. When you're done, this liquid will be very concentrated. You can pour some into a glass of water and keep the extra in the fridge.

Its very yummy, and about 5-10 calories depending on how much lemon juice you put in.
  • nchaidez
    nchaidez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is yummy too...but look at it this way, if you drink one water bottle per meal...then you'll almost reach your daily goal. Once your finish your one water bottle (2 cups), you can then have water else you really like (for me, it's my daily diet coke or a glass of skim milk for breakfast). It's all totally doable. Good luck!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    it took me a while too... my solution was CRUSHED ice lol... I quit pepsi cold turkey because I couldnt just do it slowly... it didnt work for me, if I wanted to stop drinking it, i had to stop completely! I hope you figure it out!