MP3 players for walking

Options
I love walking and currently have a very old IPod. It is bulky and am wanting something smaller to walk with. Any have suggestions?

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have a walkman, you can get more GB for less money.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Shuffle or Nano?
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    get the nano it's not much bigger than a postage stamp (maybe the bigger international ones) or if you don't really want the hassle of the high price item that a $25 item will cover check your local clearance shop like XS cargo, I picked up one there 2GB capacity I've also picked up "clearance" / discontinued product lines from Canadian Tire for $25 that plays videos / displays pictures they both work just fine as something for my walk that if I misplace them isn't a big deal. The second one even has a memory card slot so I can change out what is on it very simply, I've got 2 or 3 4GB micro cards that have my audio books on them for long drives etc.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm anti-Apple products so I'm gonna recommend the one I use. It's a Sansa Clip - super small and has a clip so it's easy to wear anywhere. Has radio on it as well as mp3s.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B002MAPT7U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321421794&sr=8-2
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    there was just a massive sale on nanos. other than that, the sansa clip and fuze will do fine.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sansa clip, as previously stated, is damned fine.

Also, I bet you could get a Zune for super cheap. Not because they suck, but because they are the Zune.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    I'm anti-Apple products so I'm gonna recommend the one I use. It's a Sansa Clip - super small and has a clip so it's easy to wear anywhere. Has radio on it as well as mp3s.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B002MAPT7U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321421794&sr=8-2

I'm anti-Apple too!! really, I just loath iTunes... it takes forever to load, and to synch, and then it won't take all of the music from my library so I have to buy it from iTunes but iTunes doesn't have as good of a selection as Rhapsody. and like I said before, I got a 16GB for $109 whereas I could get an 8GB iPod for $200.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Sansa clip, as previously stated, is damned fine.

Also, I bet you could get a Zune for super cheap. Not because they suck, but because they are the Zune.

Zune is also nice, but not compatible with Rhapsody which is why I don't have one.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am not anti-apple, I just got an ipod nano and it has nike fitness app that tracks walk/runs. I like it!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I just carry my phone (which happens to be an iPhone). Not the best strategy if you want to get away from the outside world on your walks though.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    lol. i used to loath apple, too and didn't want to have anything to do with itunes until i got an ipod touch. my fuze and clip are usually just in my drawer now. they would definitely be the go to devices for compact mp3 players for exercise but for the same price and storage space as the nanos recently were, i'd go for the nano.

i've never owned a zune. so i don't know about those. i also hear about the sony walkman a lot but alas don't own one to be able to comment.
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou: ... I appreciate all the feedback and will look up all those products to find the best fit for me
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    Well it is official... my Christmas present from hubby was the Sansa clip... can't wait til summer when I can use it.