I feel like I'm pregnant

Options
I've been eating so much this past month, I probably have at least 3000 calories a day and I have gained about 5-7 lbs but I can't gain anymore because I try to exercise at least every other day. What's wrong with me? I've always been able to keep a low calorie intake and also be able to eat healthy. Now I've been eating so much junk and fatty food :(

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant?
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I don't think I am. I got my period last week and I have no morning sickness or nausea.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you may be preggo, you might want to test yourself, or go to the Dr and get yourself tested.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Take a test, if negative then you might be craving something that your body is missing.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options
    I don't think I am. I got my period last week and I have no morning sickness or nausea.

That really doesn't mean anything. To be honest with you.
  • Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    that doesnt mean anything i had 2 periods an was 4 months preg before i found out.
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    You cannot get your period while you are pregnant. Any blood you see is spotting.
    To OP, unless you had unprotected sex within the last week during/after your period, you are most likely are not pregnant. You might be emotionally eating if there is something going on in your life. Everytime you overeat or are about stop and think how you are feeling and why you are eating, because you are hungry or because you are bored, sad, happy....
    I have done this before where I eat healthy for two months and then over eat for like two weeks. Last time I did I gained back like 4 pounds. Just try and stop yourself and ask if its worth it. Good luck.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options
    You cannot get your period while you are pregnant. Any blood you see is spotting.
    To OP, unless you had unprotected sex within the last week during/after your period, you are most likely are not pregnant. You might be emotionally eating if there is something going on in your life. Everytime you overeat or are about stop and think how you are feeling and why you are eating, because you are hungry or because you are bored, sad, happy....
    I have done this before where I eat healthy for two months and then over eat for like two weeks. Last time I did I gained back like 4 pounds. Just try and stop yourself and ask if its worth it. Good luck.

My best friend has 4 children. She had a full period every month the entire time she was pregnant with all 4 of them. It does happen.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You can have blood that mimics a period. Don't be pedantic.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I've been on BC for the past 2 months. I took 2 at-home tests, and they both turned out to be negative... I'm still super hungry all the time!
  • Jessika616
    Options
    If you just started bc...that could be your reason right there.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I guess I mean I did go off it for a month. Although he pulled out the first time and used a condom the 2nd...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you really think you might be, go to the doctor. Pulling out (or condoms for that matter) doesn't/don't necessarily work.

Otherwise, I agree that it could be emotional eating. When I got divorced I gained weight, and I gained weight again when I started dating my current husband because we were going out to eat and cooking for each other so much. Are you logging everything you're eating? I like to use the note feature at the bottom of the food diary to make notes of how I was feeling that day or if something was going on so I could go back and check for patterns.

That said, I don't know how old you are but when I was younger I could just cut back on calories for a couple of days and lose weight. It's become MUCH harder now that I'm about to hit 30. So maybe your metabolism is changing. If it keeps up see your doctor-- you/we might be missing something.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    My gums have been bleeding since this morning... I know that's a symptom but it couldn't be conclusive to anything.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    just pick up a first response test :) No one here can tell you whether you're pregnant or not.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I tried both clear blue and first response both showed negative results as I said earlier. I could always ask my gyn for a blood test... thanks for everyone's replies though.
  • bec_a
    bec_a Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I'm pregnant, at least at first, I have more aversions than cravings. Mostly I can only tolerate plain, non-greasy stuff (due to the nausea, probably)... so greasy junk-food doesn't fit the bill. Anyway, it doesn't seem to me that you're pregnant. My guess? Holiday time! For me, when it gets to be October-ish, I start wanting to bake etc. I want all the yummy, warm, creamy food that is ultimately bad for you, but comforting, you know? Maybe that's your deal too. If so, what helps for me is 1) still exercise. I crave less crap when I'm working my body well. And 2) eat those delicious things, but in TINY portions. Have one or two bites, not one or two servings! Savor those couple of bites, and move on. Drink water. And distract yourself.

Good luck! Remember, New Year's resolutions are just around the corner. You don't want to beat yourself up over your weight again. So be smart... you'll be happy you did!