Jicama

Options
kristie874
kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
Does anyone have any good ways of preparing jicama? I know it's healthy, I've had it in salads, but I'd like to try some recipes to see if it can be a new veggie that I stock regularly.

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good ways of preparing jicama? I know it's healthy, I've had it in salads, but I'd like to try some recipes to see if it can be a new veggie that I stock regularly.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's great to use as a dipper- instead of using chips to scoop up whatever dip you're enjoying, jicama!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    What is Jicama?
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    What is Jicama?
    It's kind of like a potato. :wink:
    They don't have much flavor, but they're still good haha.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like them just as sticks. You can dip them, that would be good. I dont think I would like them in anything
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have Jicama sliced in carrot stick shapes, topped with a healthy squeeze of lime, chili powder and salt. The way you get them in Mexico! Really good.
  • artist22
    artist22 Posts: 14
    Options
    After pealing the skin, Julienne the Jicama (to look a bit bigger then shoe string fries)
    Make a salad
    Rice Vinegar, grape tomatos, shreddded carrots,red onion etc....the idea are endless.

I tell my friend it'd Jicama slaw. (NO MAYO)

Sliciing into sticks with lemon and spicey seasoning.

Jicama sticks, carrot sticks and celery when I want Big greasey fries with a burger.

Sometimes they taste like nothing most of the time have a sweet chrunchy texture