What machine to buy? Treadmill or Elliptical?

Options
I'm thinking I might want to buy a fitness machine, but not sure which one would give me the best workout or bang for the buck. I only have room for one. Your thoughts please. TIA.
Ciao, Marc

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I would go with a Tred, Espeically if you can find one that folds up. You can get different speeds, inclines, set courses...etc
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    which one do you enjoy doing more?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking about a treadmill, why don't you go outside and go jogging or walking? You can increase your own speeds, take roads with hills...and it's free.
  • _JPH_
    _JPH_ Posts: 25
    Options

The one you will use.......
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I personally enjoy the teady more thanthe eliptical. once you start getting endurance you can incline it, or jog...burning more cals
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with tanyaMax, and thats why I got a treadmill. Sometimes weather doesnt allow for outdoor walking or whatever..... I love my treadmill :-)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

bingo! Pick the one you get the most enjoyment out of :]
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I bought a treadmill and like it. I live in an area where the weather is nice less than half the year and the rest of the time its either too cold or too hot. I like being able to go walking anytime day or night. I do like the elliptical too because of the low impact. Good luck. I think you can't go wrong either way. You just have to figure out which one you for sure will use.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking about a treadmill, why don't you go outside and go jogging or walking? You can increase your own speeds, take roads with hills...and it's free.

not everyone can do this sadly :sad: Depends if your body will let you or not. :frown:

bingo! Pick the one you get the most enjoyment out of :]

I support this! :happy:
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    We rented our treadmill to begin with. Rented it for 3 months at a time, usually 3 months on, 3 months without. This was really good because when you first get it you use it all the time but the novelty wears off a bit - after a year or so of renting on and off we bought it off the company for a discounted price.

Maybe that's something to consider? rent different machienes to keep things fresh and interesting? of course price is a big factor as renting for awhile and ending up with nothing isn't as good as buying outright! but on the short term you can get really sophisticated machienes for cheaper
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanx so much for everyone's help. From the replies and direct messages I received, looks like a treadmill is the most recommended. Now all I gotta do, is find a good used one to use for a while to see if I'm gonna stick with it. Don't want to spend a lot of money on a dust collector. Thanx again everyone!
    Ciao, Marc
  • _JPH_
    _JPH_ Posts: 25
    Options
    Which one did you get?