question for the big blessed chested ladies.

Options

Replies

• fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am a 36F And yes, it does suck when exercising because it can hurt when I'm running or jumping. I always wear a bra with an underwire and strong fabric. I know that Title 9 sports has many really good bras. They give it ratings in dumbells, with four meaning the most support, and 1 being the least. There's one called the frog bra, that they say is the most supportive bra out there. I didn't like it because it covered my whole back and wasn't very cute. heehee.

The rule of thumb is when you are buying a sports bra as a big chested lady, don't expect to get something worthwhile at Wallmart or Target. Plus, they only go up to a DD. Expect to pay at least 40-50 dollars on a good sports bra.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra, a sports bra, a tank top, AND a t-shirt. :D

Edit: I'm a 34DD
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would definitely consider getting fitting at a REAL bra store- not a Victoria's Secret or something similar (They tend to have a limited range of sizes). I wear Freya sports bras, and I can barely move in them :) I'm a small rib cage (28) large cup size, so it was wonderful to find bras that actually fit and support, even while exercising :)

If you happen to live in the Austin area, visit Petticoat Fair :) They are very friendly and have a great selection :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I would definitely consider getting fitting at a REAL bra store- not a Victoria's Secret or something similar (They tend to have a limited range of sizes). I wear Freya sports bras, and I can barely move in them :) I'm a small rib cage (28) large cup size, so it was wonderful to find bras that actually fit and support, even while exercising :)

If you happen to live in the Austin area, visit Petticoat Fair :) They are very friendly and have a great selection :)

I have to echo this! GET FITTED!! And realize that your size in one brand may not be the same in another brand, or even another style within the same brand. Every company has their own sizing guidelines, just like in regular street clothes.

I'm sure most of you would be surprised by what your actual bra size is...that you're a smaller band and a larger cup that what you thought you were.
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump - i have the same problem and have been trying to find a good sports bra
  • KelLifts
    KelLifts Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~~ Your problem solver, ladies, has arrived! I'm a 38DD or a very full 38D.. I use a regular bra, a sports bra that's a tad tight, and a tight tank top over. There is a lot of support there. I have never had any pain in my chest, and even though the boobies do bounce a lot (c'mon now, you can't stop that!), I am super comfortable running, elliptical, bending over, etc.

I also do this! lol Works great...
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i cant even fit into a VS Bra, first they dont carry my size. second there is no support when i did. I have to go to fredricks or lane bryants, and thats for a regular bra. My next step is to go to sears or dillards. AND thank you soooooo much for the info on the sports bra. Im be glad to get rid of the hurt :). o and bounce.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    mandag, try shopping at Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack. They carry a much better selection of bra sizes than Sears. Especially go to the Rack if you can, because the prices are FANTASTIC!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I agree about getting fitted, but warn you that most stores DO NOT carry the larger sizes. I've been to ALL the good stores around me in Chicagoland and NONE of them carry sports bra's in my size. I'm lucky if they have ONE bra in my size, so I end up ordering and it really sucks. I am more about keeping them still right now than the fact that I might have a uniboob. I will say I do like the Shock Absorber now that it fits a little better (i.e. the girls not spilling out everywhere!).
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Junonia!! Excellent web site with exercise clothes to fit ALL size women! I got a sports bra there a good 5 - 6 years ago (I'm a 40DDD - down from a 42DDD) and it's still going strong - no bounce, cotton to absorb sweat, mutli layer - excellent! I think it was a Champion - but really, they have all sizes!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I wear 42 DD and I always work out with my bathing suit on under my clothes b/c I swim afterward. My suit is fairly snug and seems to hold everything in nicely.
  • susan1024
    susan1024 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    cotton to absorb sweat,

FYI, cotton is generally not the best bra material. Better to wick sweat than absorb it. Absorbing it can contribute to risk of nasty things like yeast infection under the boobs and bad chafing. Cotton also tends to stretch when it's wet and support less. And a wet bra just plain feels icky.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Enell is usually very good for the D-DDD range - I vary from and H to an L ( tangent: depending on the bra, though, and since Goddess was bought out by fantasie some years back they fit differently - my old goddess size g/H my new size K/L and the tag says something like UK cup G US cup K, - no, my US size was the G so I think they flipped the tags)

anyhoo doesn't matter the tag size, just the fit

so for Enell, which I wear, the cup isn't really big enough - I do get that 4 boob effect, but it holds the girls down (except for jumping jacks) and is the best I found in my size lately (oh how manufacturers love to discontinue bras that I like)
    I also have Elomi but the straps loosen up too much on me
    oh and Freya is good as well but only up to a size 38 (which may work for you, a lot of people forget to tight their band size as they get thinner)
    I used to also have luck with Shockabsorber brand and a lot of my friends recommend them (they go to a small HH cup)
    also moving comfort (some of theirs go to a DD or E or DDD
    in addition to herroom

I also love teamestrogen a female focused sports gear site, main focus is cycling but they have other options too and in plus size
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/apparel/tops/bras/c0-c1-c2-c3-p2.html

for UK based people - Boobydoo is great
    http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/

good luck
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem too :( i used to wear a Hestia sports bra for high impact sports which did nothing
    im now using a Triamph bra which is great and only cheap too so you can have a few changes if you need be
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    i cant even fit into a VS Bra, first they dont carry my size. second there is no support when i did. I have to go to fredricks or lane bryants, and thats for a regular bra. My next step is to go to sears or dillards. AND thank you soooooo much for the info on the sports bra. Im be glad to get rid of the hurt :). o and bounce.

Mandag, I see that you are in Fort Worth so I googled for a specialty bra shop neary you, have you tried:
    The Bra Shop
    6231 Oakmont Boulevard
    Fort Worth TX
  • sebbole
    sebbole Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a 32DD(D) and my go to sports bra is the coolmax sports bra by lunaire. You can order it online from Amazon and it will run you about $35. If you're lucky enough to live by a Dillard's they also sell them there. I absolutely love love love this bra. I never bounce. Its fully equipped with underwire and everything, so you know you're getting great support!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38-40 DD. I hate my life all day long because of what I do but its the only method that works for me. I wear a regular bra to help keep them separated (not all squished together like most sports bras would leave them since every bra company in the world- or at least any I've been exposed to- skimps out on bigger bras' qualities and such) and put a sports bra over that to help keep them held in better for running and such. At first its really tight and is uncomfortable but it has helped. :l Rather have one good bra but they've been scarce. Since then though I've noticed they've gotten a little shaplier and perkier, might just be the exercise itself though.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~~ Your problem solver, ladies, has arrived! I'm a 38DD or a very full 38D.. I use a regular bra, a sports bra that's a tad tight, and a tight tank top over. There is a lot of support there. I have never had any pain in my chest, and even though the boobies do bounce a lot (c'mon now, you can't stop that!), I am super comfortable running, elliptical, bending over, etc.

This is what I do; I have an old crummy bra with underwire and sports bra ontop of that and a tanktop over it. being anti-bouncy in the chest sure beats getting smacked in the face with a boob! The entire...mass...jumps around a bit but it's so much better then just one sports bra =D
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did have that problem being a FF, and I struggled for years trying to find a sports bra that actually worked.

I came across one by accident at my local debenhams and it's brilliant. Really makes a difference, I can jump around and althought there is a little movement, no more pain, feel fully supported :0)

I think the trick really is to find a decent fitting and decently made sports bra. I've found the ones with the cross backs don't offer me any support, it has to be the full enchillada, big wide straps, three catches on the back, thick band under your breasts.