just a little insight

Options
i have been using mfp since dec 27, and ive lost 29 pounds. recently my dsl modem was shot and had to wait a week to get the new box so i was not able to log. to my surprise i was still very concious of what i was eating. i didnt count my cals but i did weigh myself daily and continued to see the scale go down. sunday is my official weigh in day so i will have lost 31 pounds. i guess the insight for me is that when you really make the commitment to change your life style you dont make excuses for over eating you find ways to adjust to the situation. i made the adjustment when my computer was down and it really felt great to know that all my hard work is paying off. just a little insight for you.

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    i have been using mfp since dec 27, and ive lost 29 pounds. recently my dsl modem was shot and had to wait a week to get the new box so i was not able to log. to my surprise i was still very concious of what i was eating. i didnt count my cals but i did weigh myself daily and continued to see the scale go down. sunday is my official weigh in day so i will have lost 31 pounds. i guess the insight for me is that when you really make the commitment to change your life style you dont make excuses for over eating you find ways to adjust to the situation. i made the adjustment when my computer was down and it really felt great to know that all my hard work is paying off. just a little insight for you.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right! While this site is great and having the online journal helps to keep us all in line, you CAN educate yourself enough to know what you are eating and re-program your brain to eat smaller portions. I have been doing this long enough to know that if I don't have computer access, I can still manage!

I have lost 68 lbs since September (even had success throughout Thanksgiving and Christmas!!), so the concept of keeping track of what you are eating IS right on but also learning during the process will help to keep the weight off once we hit our goal weight. That is why I think this sort of program is the most successful. I have thought of nutri-system and have done WW...but while they work during the losing process, you are not learning anything to help you keep it off.

Anyway, great job and good luck on your continued success!

Tami
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Way to go everybody. :happy:
  • lilyfrog
    lilyfrog Posts: 2
    Options
    That is wonderful. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You are an inspiration to stay on track, thank you.:happy:
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Options
    Sometimes I think the battle is really not so much against willpower but vagueness. Thanks for sharing your experience.

4 lbs. and counting.