Lemon and Honey diet

Options
Hi Everybody, :smile:

Is there anybody who have used this diet before? Does it work or not. They are good reviews about it but i am not sure that I must try it.

Please assist

Replies

• lindax
    lindax Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Everybody, :smile:

Is there anybody who have used this diet before? Does it work or not. They are good reviews about it but i am not sure that I must try it.

Please assist
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    What is the lemon & honey diet? I don't think I've heard of that one. I've heard of a diet that REALLY works...the MFP plan!:bigsmile: If you follow your recommended calories/etc. and toss in some exercise, you'll have great success. Slow & steady wins the race.:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm while I like lemon and honey (especially in my tea), I would never consider it as an aid in weight-loss.

The fact is that good old fashioned calorie counting, exercise and truly changing your lifestyle will do it! And it can be a lot easier than you think and you don't have to suffer or starve or deprive yourself of certain things. It's just about being sensible and treating your body well. It will reward you if you do! :wink:

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    with regards to this diet, a research review was done in the uk on this diet the person done it for two weeks and lost two pounds and that was excluding solids, so the overall message was a low calorie diet proved more successful :wink: :wink:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Personally I think anything that has the word "diet" in it should be avoided. It should be a lifestyle change. If you cannot sustain on this "diet" for the rest of your life and not put your health in danger, stay away from it. Log your calories (the best thing I ever did was write down EVERYTHING I put in my mouth) and exercise. It is hard but it is also worth it.

BTW I am on a new roll today. Started Turbo Jam, got my HRM yesterday, feeling pumped....thanks mostly in part to the people here. :smooched:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    ditto what everyone else just said.

PS- Tam that dog is adorable, haha, so cute!:laugh:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What I know about "fad diets" is that you may lose a few pounds at first, but overall, they don't make sense, you can't sustain the diet, and you tend to put the weight back on...and more.
    I agree with everyone here - Follow the guidelines set out here, pay attention to your calories and try to exercise, even if it's moderate.
    It's the lifestyle change that will make the difference.
    I think it's mind over matter: For whatever reason, we've gotten into the habit of putting more food into our bodies than we actually need. So it's about breaking this habit. Not using food as a stress-reliever...learning to tell the difference between real hunger or cravings...
    Good luck.
    Even at a pound or two a week, for weight loss, you're on the right track. As someone pointed out, a pound a week for 52 weeks is a very big difference!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it and it's just major calorie deprivation. I'm sure you'll lose a lot of water weight. Some people may use it to jump start a healthy lifestyle change of eating better, etc. If I tried it, I would binge on McD's, not want veggies.
  • ElizaD
    ElizaD Posts: 27
    Options
    Agree... Starving yourself doesn't sound like fun... and will do more harm than good! much better to follow a calorie controlled diet and exersize.
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the lemon cleanser, I actually have the book and got two full days in but the tea you drink at night and morning started to make me gag. The drink is actually warm water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. It's not a diet but a colon cleansing remedy you drink for at least 10 days but if you don't reintroduce foods correctly you can get realy sick.

I've wanted to try it again but I'm too chicken, I was hoping it would help with my energy levels, it's natural and it's not considered a diet but I've been on MFP and have started to notice subtle changes in my energy. I just need to move to have more energy.

Those are my thoughts for what it's worth
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the lemon cleanser, I actually have the book and got two full days in but the tea you drink at night and morning started to make me gag. The drink is actually warm water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. It's not a diet but a colon cleansing remedy you drink for at least 10 days but if you don't reintroduce foods correctly you can get realy sick.

I've wanted to try it again but I'm too chicken, I was hoping it would help with my energy levels, it's natural and it's not considered a diet but I've been on MFP and have started to notice subtle changes in my energy. I just need to move to have more energy.

Those are my thoughts for what it's worth

I have done the Master Cleanse also.................I do it for 7 days at the beginning of each season. Once you get past the 3rd day, you are no longer hungry. I don't do this for weight loss, but for cleansing as I have noticed that my face stopped breaking out so bad with doing this seasonally. The lady at my local Coop told me to practice this as the seasons change, I am getting less bothered with allergies, breakouts on my face, etc........
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i agree that mfp--log calories, exercise, get support, take time, learn--is the way to go. all this other stuff is nonsense.

my $0.02
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    this is all absolutely true. slow and steady is the way to go!!!
    Hmmmm while I like lemon and honey (especially in my tea), I would never consider it as an aid in weight-loss.

The fact is that good old fashioned calorie counting, exercise and truly changing your lifestyle will do it! And it can be a lot easier than you think and you don't have to suffer or starve or deprive yourself of certain things. It's just about being sensible and treating your body well. It will reward you if you do! :wink:

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    ditto what everyone else just said.

PS- Tam that dog is adorable, haha, so cute!:laugh:
    Thanks! lol that's our blind Boston Terrier we adopted from 1800-save-a-pet about 4 years ago! She is sweet! :smile: