What keeps you motivated????

Options
Just my question for today :) What keeps you pushing play? What keeps you eating healthy? what drags your rear to the gym?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just my question for today :) What keeps you pushing play? What keeps you eating healthy? what drags your rear to the gym?

standing in front of the mirror in my underwear!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll start with the politically correct answer and say my kids, but secretly I like looking HOT!! lol

Seriously, though, I used to be 200 pounds heavier and I AIN'T going back there again!! So I stay vigilant....
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm with Laura - a dread of lapsing ever again!
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    Every night before I go to bed I read and add to my "reasons to reach my goal weight" list, always puts me in the right frame of mind and reminds me what I am fighting for.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    my job, my boyfriend, my family but most of all MYSELF.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wanting my clothes to fit again!

A full length mirror--it really helps!

My trip back home this Christmas--I wanna look good when I get back. All my friends and family need to see how good I look after having a baby!

The way I feel when I'm in shape--'the MORE you move, the more you CAN move'.
  • myth4ever
    Options
    Failure!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    2 answers...the nice one, being able to fit into the smaller clothes hiding at the back of my wardrobe and looking forward to them beign too big so i can go shopping

The second answer which is not so nice but has been a big motivater being slimmer than my sister who always used to pick on me about my weight. I am now the slimmer sister, i havent said anything but it is a great feeling, even if it does make me sound like an evil cow :wink:
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The scale and how my jeans fit !
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I guess...I like thinner ME and another one is that soon I will be able to see my abdominal packs ( I am far from it but am sure I will see them soon!!)
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    Failure!

ditto above. also what "fighting for fiftyfive" said sounds good to me
  • sayambular
    Options
    My biggest motivator as of right now, is Me, Myself and I. Only because for so long I lost weight for someone else and in the end they only wanted it so I would look good on their arm. So I woke up and realized I had to start doing this for me and I have been and I feel better than ever about losing this weight!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Compliments and how I look in the mirror. I am actually starting to feel sexy too - I LOVE IT!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My wedding in six months!!!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Competitiveness ….seeing all the amazing MFP friends just rockin it every day inspires me to keep pushing along. If I did not have the support of them, this journey may have been a different experience. Plus there are one or two of my friends I just try to beat with burns and nutrition...they are hard core so often does not work but goodness it keeps me on track when I don't want to be.
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of me at my heaviest and also a picture of my mom on my whiteboard that I put a quote on and look at it everyday!
  • matthewdill83
    Options
    Skydiving, sitting in an airplane seat and not feeling ridiculously uncomfortable, being able to jog a few miles without stopping.. just some of the things id love to be able to do that I cant right now..
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about how I'm going on a 6 week break from work soon,.. and how much "wow" will be going on when I get back :D
    You know, when people see you every day they barely notice.. I'm looking forward to returning to work slimmer!
  • anna2709
    Options
    I'm giving clothes that get too big to charity as soon as they become even slightly loose, and I ain't buying a bigger size ever again, so my choice is either to go to the gym or to walk about naked...and winter is coming...