Being pregnant and still not wanting old pounds back

Options
hey all i have lost half of my set out goal. i wanted to loose 20kgs and so far i have lost 10kg. now i discovered that there is a little me inside of me. i am 6weeks pregnant and realise my diet has to change yet again and i am not risking the hectic workouts.
what easy non- harmfull movements can i do besides walking that wont harm my baby. 1st trimester is the hardest and most fragile to get pass.

i would sacrifice my weightloss for the health and well being of my unborn.

Replies

• Natalievh
    Natalievh Posts: 40
    Options
    hey all i have lost half of my set out goal. i wanted to loose 20kgs and so far i have lost 10kg. now i discovered that there is a little me inside of me. i am 6weeks pregnant and realise my diet has to change yet again and i am not risking the hectic workouts.
    what easy non- harmfull movements can i do besides walking that wont harm my baby. 1st trimester is the hardest and most fragile to get pass.

i would sacrifice my weightloss for the health and well being of my unborn.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi There!

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! I have yet to have a child of my own but I have watched several girlfriends go through it and I am constantly amazed by what a woman's body is capable of!

I think first and foremost you should discuss your fitness/health goals with your doctor and figure out what your target weight gain during pregnancy should be. I am a yoga instructor and have taught a prenatal class, so I would definitely recommend checking into that if it's of interest to you. Aside from that, walking is one of the best/healthiest options around . . . low impact, but still gets you moving, and if you walk outside you are getting the fresh air and Vitamin D from the sun that you and your baby can both benefit from.

I don't think pregnancy has to be a setback toward your goals -- sure, you will have to gain weight, but if you continue to practice healthy eating habits, positive choices, and intentional exercise, you'll have all of the right tools in place to drop the baby weight quickly once your little miracle is born!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in my 20th week of pregnancy. I was a little careful in my first trimester only because I was having some bleeding and cramping. In fact there was about a month that my doc told me not to do anything. But I got past that and was able to exercise again.

If you have already been exercising, then there is no reason you can't continue to do so within reason. Anything low-impact, non-jarring and anything that won't strain you. I have been continuing on with the elliptical because it is easy on the joints and you can go at whatever pace you want but it still gives a good workout.

I just avoid lifting weights or anything high-impact. I do calisthenics to stay strong instead. Things like leg lifts, lunges, squats, wall push-ups, etc.

Walking and swimming are both great exercises for pregnancy!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Oh and things like yoga and pilates are wonderful for pregnancy as well! :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I did pre-natal yoga all through both my pregnancies (but gained too much weight - don't make that mistake like I did!) and I truly believe it helped me with labour. I loved giving birth, loved the whole experience! All you need in addition to the mat are the blocks - especially near the end! :tongue:

I would highly recommend yoga - it was especially nice at the end of a long work day.

Good luck and congrats!
    :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my work-out (even ran for the first 8 months) when I got pregnant. It actually staved off morning sickness in my case. I exercised until the day before my baby was born, when I was already feeling contractions and had a field-trip for my daughter that I couldn't bear to miss.

I listened to my body and if I felt really tired that day, I didn't push myself. I ended up gaining about 26 pounds, which literally fell off when the baby was born. I went home in regular jeans. This baby was born just hours after her due date whereas my others had all been 12-21 days late!

Unless you have some complication, you should be able to continue exercising...it'll be good for you AND your baby.

I ditto the comment about birth being such an amazing experience. I have 4 children - and I've been known to say that I'd give birth once a week if I didn't have to raise all those children. :wink:
  • Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    Walk. Walking is good for you and your baby. Though I would definately talk to your doctor first.
    ALWAYS talk to your doctor before you decide on an excercise routine while you're pregnant!

BTW

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: CONGRADULATIONS!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This baby is a blessing, and even if you do gain a little of your weight back, it'll be worth it! Just eat right, and excercise you'll do just fine! Take care of you and most importantly your baby! :heart: :heart: :heart:

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    They say that technically you can still exercise if your body is used to it and also that your only supposed to intake an extra 300 calories when your pregnant.

My mistake was that I didn't pt at ALL after finding out I was pregnant...I was too scared to I gained WAY TOO MUCH WEIGHT

CONGRADS by the way!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats on the pregnancy. :flowerforyou:
  • Natalievh
    Natalievh Posts: 40
    Options
    thank u so much/:flowerforyou: