nervous and excited C25K day 1

Options
Today is day one of C25K for me and I am so excited but nervous too because I really want to do this program. My only concern is the ability to run since my right leg is 1/8in shorter than my left due to a hip surgery that I had to have when i was 12 and again at 13. My doctor has since cleared me and I was told that I can do anything that someone who didnt have hip surgery can do..

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! :drinker:
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's a great program. I have just recently graduated from the C25K and am doing the B210K. I was a new runner when I started. You will find lots of people on MFP who are doing the program.

If you would like to add me as a friend feel free - I can help to encourage you - and vice versa of course!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am a C25K graduate, too!! The program is great! I was a brand new runner when I started and didn't believe I could do it, but I'm running in my second 5K on Sunday and now love running!!! You can do it!!! Just remember that if you need to repeat a day or week, do it, no big deal!!! Best of luck!!
  • kristielouisa
    kristielouisa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How did you go on your first day?? I'm about to start - tomorrow is day 1! Am a little nervous and thinking I might struggle.... but I know I CAN DO IT!!!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Whats the difference between c25k and c25k lite? I downloaded the lite app to my phone because it was FREE but the c25k wasnt so i was just wondering if they are the same and i might give it a try!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Whats the difference between c25k and c25k lite? I downloaded the lite app to my phone because it was FREE but the c25k wasnt so i was just wondering if they are the same and i might give it a try!

Not sure of the difference between the two.
    How did you go on your first day?? I'm about to start - tomorrow is day 1! Am a little nervous and thinking I might struggle.... but I know I CAN DO IT!!!
    I am starting day 1 today because I ended up off of work the past couple of days due to extreme migraines! I feel somewhat better today so after work tonight I am starting day 1. i will post an update tomorrow.
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Update:

Day 1 c25k: completed fully walked at 3.0 and ran at 4.0 On treadmill ... Completed 243cal
    1.78miles
    36:05 time
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one! I'm super excited for the running portion to be increased during week two because I didn't find it challenging enough, but it was still a great introduction into running (something that I used to dread with a passion)!
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    I just finished week one! I'm super excited for the running portion to be increased during week two because I didn't find it challenging enough, but it was still a great introduction into running (something that I used to dread with a passion)!

That's awesome!! Congrats and I look forward to being able to say the same thing soon!!