Can't seem to leave the weight I am on now!!!! help

Options
Any advice???? please!!!! I just lost 2 lbs since my last weight in but it seems like it is taking forever to loose weight. It took me a good 5 weeks and it seems I go up and down in a 5lbs range all the time. I work out about 3 times a week and try my best to eat as healthy as I can but it doesn't seem like it is working...

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you need to take a really good hard look at what you do now. it is most likely food related, however with your diary closed, all i can offer are guesses. you might be too restrictive with your calories. 1200-1300 is too low, 1400-1600 is probably better. if you drink too much it can limit your weight loss. do you always count every calorie? even on weekends and on days you go over? you should.
  • allenlisa
    Options
    Agreed, most likely food (or drink) related. Re-evaluate what your are eating & your workouts. You'd be surprised how little can affect you! I was! But if you don't have a lot to loose then it will def be harder to loose it. Try a cleanse if you are just on a platue. I did a 3 day shakeology cleanse when I got stuck and lost 6lbs and 1% bodyfat & it jump started my metabolism again so that I started loosing again.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have upped my protein intake in the mornings and have seen a differnce so far. I haven't posted it yet but I'm down from mondays weight. The other thing is to eat within 30 min of getting up. I'm eating one egg, two egg whites , spinch and lentils are my new best freinds. Hope this helps.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Are you eating your exersise calories?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sugars can really mess things up. Make sure you are getting plenty of healthy proteins and lots of fiber. Also SLEEP. If you don't get enough sleep, you will not lose weight.
  • loorana
    loorana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.. I was restricting myself to 1200 calories a day.. I guess I was trying to loose weight fast and I was starving in the evening..which it wasnt good.
    I been writing everything I eat but Now I have another problem.. I give myself a cheat day but for some reason it messes up the rest of my week and everything goes downhill again. I increased my workouts to 4 times a week and I am afraid to weigh myself again. Many of my co workers keep on telling me I look like I lost some weight but my clothes dont say the same...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you can't out train a bad diet, simple as that. as far as cheat days go, well, they are ok, but in the beginning they should be few and far between.

personally, i don't like the idea behind a cheat day. it implies a complete disregard for self control and tends to hurt more then help. now, a cheat MEAL can be ok, but i would still log it.

something i do, is oncein a while, i do a calorie spike day, were i go significantly over my calories by like, 800. i usually do it on a rest day, and the next day i'll have a monster work out. i eat good stuff that day, like pasta, chicken, salads, nuts, stuff like that. and i enjoy it.
  • loorana
    loorana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks