Newcomer to New Lifestyle Needing Accountability

Options
Hi, everyone! Since I'm new to the website, I am checking in to introduce myself. I'm Bev, a 62-year-old woman, who is changing my lifestyle...beginning yesterday (literally). I haven't been exercising much, but plan to transform myself. Just yesterday I decided to set aside at least one hour a day for workouts. My daughter, Kim, and I will be in a walk-a-thon for cancer on April 20th, in Atlanta, so I need to get fit after a sedentary lifestyle.

Everyone of us has something to look forward to when we decide to change our fitness and eating habits. I am excited about developing a stronger heart, stress relief, increased metabolism, and more energy (not to mention weight-loss).

:smile: I look forward to being on an incredible weightloss and fitness journey with you and reading about how it works for you. Also, you have my support, as I ask for yours.

Replies

• bmurrelle
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Since I'm new to the website, I am checking in to introduce myself. I'm Bev, a 62-year-old woman, who is changing my lifestyle...beginning yesterday (literally). I haven't been exercising much, but plan to transform myself. Just yesterday I decided to set aside at least one hour a day for workouts. My daughter, Kim, and I will be in a walk-a-thon for cancer on April 20th, in Atlanta, so I need to get fit after a sedentary lifestyle.

Everyone of us has something to look forward to when we decide to change our fitness and eating habits. I am excited about developing a stronger heart, stress relief, increased metabolism, and more energy (not to mention weight-loss).

:smile: I look forward to being on an incredible weightloss and fitness journey with you and reading about how it works for you. Also, you have my support, as I ask for yours.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this wonderful website !!

we are all with you bmurelle. i think that you are incredibly couragous to take on this lifestyle change.
    and good luck with the walk-a-thon !!!

may
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Welcome! We are so glad to have you join us. We will do our best to support and motivate you.
    You're gonna love this site. It has been a HUGE help for me. In fact, just this morning I got on the scales and it said 149. I can't tell you the last time a saw a number under 150.
    Stick with us!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bev! I just want to say thank you for participating in the cancer walk-a-thon....it's a cause near and dear to my heart. (my mother passed away at age 41 from cervical cancer). This site is very useful and helpful...there are so many friendly people on here to give you advice and a little push when you need it!
    :flowerforyou:

Good for you babyhippo!! I would LOVE to see 150 lbs again...I will get there eventually:happy:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Bev and Welcome:flowerforyou: Sounds like you have a great heart and a wonderful cause.Best wishes on your new journey with MFP. :flowerforyou: The people on here are awesome and I am sure you will find them most helpful. :smile: I know I have. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: Welcome to this wonderful site, it has helped me so much. I see we have all the same goals and motivation - well its working for me so it will for you too. :drinker:
  • bmurrelle
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for such a wonderful welcome coupled with motivation. I'm glad to be here. :drinker: