Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

nsv: the plank

Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
Been doing the plank for 30seconds each day for 6 days and just did my 30seconds then stopped then did my second rep, forgot to look at the timer and it was up to 40 seconds so I pushed myself to 1min and did it :-)

So pleased with myself I don't think I've ever done that before yay :-)

Replies

• rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    That's sooo awesome!! Your core is getting stronger! Way to bring it!!!
  • curse you plank!

ok i feel better
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Yeah not a fan of it but love it compared to the side plank! Those are horrible hate hate hate!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    I have to do the plank in my workouts at the gym and they kill me. Wow that move alone is pure evil. I am improving and its a good feeling. Well done xx
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    What is a plank?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    AWESOME! I love planks, but they get tough.

@cryone...a plank is sort of looks like the starting position for a push-up. the differences are: (a) you lock your arms directly under your shoulder...not wider as if you were doing a push-up; and (b) you hold that position for as long as you are able...you don't go up and down. the key is to hold your body in a straight line, like a plank of wood. your butt should not be raised; your hips should not slack. its one of the best exercises for your core.
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 110 Member
    Excellent job! I did that this morning as part of my randomabs.com workout, and it is slowly getting easier, but still not fun.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    nice!! i have a love/hate relationship with planks :laugh:
  • remy_rare
    remy_rare Posts: 13 Member
    thats an awsome stretch of time at a go!!! :-) way to go girl !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!