Sizzlin Summer Slimdown 04.20.09

Options
:flowerforyou: Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend!!! :drinker: I got in a workout on Saturday, 3.5 miles and 400 cals burned on the Precor...:drinker:

My weight this morning was the same...no biggie...starting off the day healthy and will try to get in some cardio later!

Blessings to each of you for putting any weekend regrets behind you, celebrating your successes, and greeting the new day/week with unbounding enthusiasm!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend!!! :drinker: I got in a workout on Saturday, 3.5 miles and 400 cals burned on the Precor...:drinker:

My weight this morning was the same...no biggie...starting off the day healthy and will try to get in some cardio later!

Blessings to each of you for putting any weekend regrets behind you, celebrating your successes, and greeting the new day/week with unbounding enthusiasm!!! :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Did not do good this weekend but did not do awful either. Still have not gotten a workout in since last Monday but I am trying to stay positive. Will make healthy choices today and try to get back on the workout train today if I am feeling better. Did not even get on the scale today, because aunt flo will stop by for her visiti this week.:grumble:

Hope you all had a great weekend :flowerforyou:
    and are starting to see the results you are looking for.

Forgot to mention I saw a pix taken of me about two months back, I found new motivation in that picture to keep on the good path I am on.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I had a very busy weekend, and although I never made it to the gym, I did some gardening, and was on my feet walking for 8 hrs straight on Saturday so I think I am going to count that as a workout.

I haven't lost anything in a few weeks. I am starting to wonder if I need to mix things up a bit. I have been bouncing up and down 2-3 lbs, but I haven't gone below 193.5 for 3 weeks. I am going to cut out all soda this week, and try to get a workout in every day, and hopefully that will help me get over this bump in the road.

I hope you all have a great Monday!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    good morning!! :flowerforyou:

i had an overall pretty healthy weekend. didn't make the greatest food choices, but made up for them in exercise and stayed w/in my calories.

the scale was up a lb this morning, but that is expected because it's still TOM for me. i'll probably weigh in again around thursday before i change my ticker.

i got in 2 good workouts this weekend, and plan on hitting the elliptical tonight for awhile. then pilates tomorrow! :love:

let's kick off another healthy week! :drinker: :drinker:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    I had a very busy weekend, and although I never made it to the gym, I did some gardening, and was on my feet walking for 8 hrs straight on Saturday so I think I am going to count that as a workout.

I haven't lost anything in a few weeks. I am starting to wonder if I need to mix things up a bit. I have been bouncing up and down 2-3 lbs, but I haven't gone below 193.5 for 3 weeks. I am going to cut out all soda this week, and try to get a workout in every day, and hopefully that will help me get over this bump in the road.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

i had that problem too- things definitely got a little more on track when i started replacing soda w/ water. hopefully it will work for you too!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!

I did great on Saturday but bombed out Sunday evening on a solid chocolate bunny. So yummy; so naughty!

I am doing really well w/ my exercise, I think I am 6/40.

Looking forward to a healthy and fit day!! Happy Monday to everybody!! :happy:
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    Well, TOM finally came for a visit but that didn't deter me!! I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 300, so yay I hit the 30 pound mark, well I had to potty so I stepped on the scale again when I was done and it read 299!! I stepped off and back on, 299 again!! I not only hit the 30 pound mark but I passed it by one pound!!
    I've been hungry lately (thanks TOM) but I exercised a bit on Friday and then played a rousing game of Wiffle-Ball on Saturday. Didn't do much Sunday but watched my calories and sodium intake religiously!
    Good going everyone and good luck, today starts a new week!! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well this weekend. Stayed within my cals, and got a good work out in on Saturday. I'm down a lb from last week, and I've gotten 5 days of exercise in so far this challenge.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have been just AWFUL lateyly, I'm talking double cheeseburger and fries awful!!!
    But I went shopping this weekend I am back on track. For breakfast this morning I had the banana split from the biggest loser cookbook. It was sooooooooooo good. They have some really good recipes in there. I will be doing jazzercise hopefully 4 days this week. So, I am basically back to square one but I am not giving up!

I am so proud of all of you ladies for your hard work and determination! Keep it up!

Memaw
  • meguilfoyle
    Options
    One week and I already love this challenge!!! Had a good productive week of exercise and an even more sweat producing weekend of spring cleaning. Ate healthy all week and this morning when I stepped on the scales I was down 2.2 lbs. :love: :love: :love: I can't even belive it! My best week since being on MFP!! I'm praying for another good week just like it. Good luck to you all..........

169825.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    I had a really good weekend. I went and helped a friend do major housework this saturday. We cleaned for 8.5 hours. That's a lot of calories burned. Wen't for my 3.5 mile daily walk Sunday. I lost 4 lbs this past week giving me a total of 50 lbs lost!!!

I went shopping yesterday. I have gone from a size 28 to a 22. I hate clothes shopping but yesterday felt great!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone had enjoyable weekends, regardless of any potential haphazards! :happy:

I didn't make it to the gym at all - don't know what that was about but I just wasn't in the mood. :grumble: Going tonight striaght from work...assuming I don't fall asleep from boredom. :ohwell: Anyway...got a serious case of the monday's today!

I did get my bridesmaid dress on Friday afternoon - and I realize that when most people say "I'm planning to lose weight before the wedding" that they usually DON'T Follow through - so yes, usually they go ahead and order the size dress they were fitted for at the time of ordering the dress. Well, I am finally serious about this aspect of my life and what happened now - I've lost another 15 lbs since I ordered the dress - making it 2 SIZES TOO BIG! :blushing: Now, while this is sort of a joyous occassion, I'm still a little peeved with them as I told them to at least go a size down - I mean, the dress just WONT stay on me how it is. I HAVE to get it altered. Is this their plan to make me spend even more money? UGH, it's ridiculious! :angry: *sigh* alright, I'm finished with that now.

Hope everyone is having a much more productive and interesting Monday morning than I! Check in with you lovely ladies later on today. :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    I have been just AWFUL lateyly, I'm talking double cheeseburger and fries awful!!!
    But I went shopping this weekend I am back on track. For breakfast this morning I had the banana split from the biggest loser cookbook. It was sooooooooooo good. They have some really good recipes in there. I will be doing jazzercise hopefully 4 days this week. So, I am basically back to square one but I am not giving up!

I am so proud of all of you ladies for your hard work and determination! Keep it up!

Memaw

hang in there memaw! glad to hear that you are back on track- you can do it!!!

and opera- i hear you on a case of the monday's! i kind of want to curl up under my desk and take a naparoo!! :laugh:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    You go Girl :flowerforyou:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Had an ok weekend. Not the greatest food choices, but did alright. I didn't feel very good this morning, so I didn't weigh. I'll do that tomorrow. 1 week down ladies (I think). Keep up the hard work! :)
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    Mornin' Sizzlin Beauties!

Well, I stayed focused this past week and it paid off, I am down 4.8 lbs!! Still have 8.2 to go for the challenge! Must have been water wt last week...well, post Easter! I am so ready for the 170's...have not been there for almost 7 years.....and will be going further for my ultimate goal. Lots of work ahead...but kinda settling into this new lifestyle....and actually getting comfortable with it.....we can do this!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

oh and 5/30 exercise!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I haven't read thru all the posts yet-been extremely busy working this morning. Did OK over the weekend. Walked/jogged for 45 minutes friday and 4 miles on saturday so I think I'm at 4/30 today will be day 5/30. Same weight no loss for me

Wow! Kell 4.8 that's amazing
    Opera - that's a great feeling to have to have it downsized even if it costs a bit more huh
    memaw-you can do it!!!
    Theres so many posts - I can't comment to everyone - but way to go everyone!!!!

I wore my 12 1/2 year old sons Adult Medium tshirt yesterday (it's his practice shirt) - it fit great - I was so excited. I haven't seen an adult medium in years!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well, TOM finally came for a visit but that didn't deter me!! I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 300, so yay I hit the 30 pound mark, well I had to potty so I stepped on the scale again when I was done and it read 299!! I stepped off and back on, 299 again!! I not only hit the 30 pound mark but I passed it by one pound!!
    I've been hungry lately (thanks TOM) but I exercised a bit on Friday and then played a rousing game of Wiffle-Ball on Saturday. Didn't do much Sunday but watched my calories and sodium intake religiously!
    Good going everyone and good luck, today starts a new week!! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
    WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Great job!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Congrats on your excellent loss wahoo! And your TOM coming ;) lol!

Really great job!!!
  • untouchable5853
    Options
    i am so excited to be trying MFP! i had no idea how awesome it was, and you all are so supportive of each other! i'm so happy i decided to be apart of it!

todays my first day... but aunt flo comes tomorrow...

did i pick the wrong time to start?!