Skinny Jeans?

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FoxCarter/view/chubby-girls-always-have-skinny-jeans-169945

To anyone who actually owns a real pair, do you like them? Are they comfortable? Or is it like squeezing into a tube of toothpaste?

Replies

• killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mine are comfy... sort of annoying getting them on because they get stuck on my feet (lol) but once they're on, they're fine! :bigsmile:
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I own a real pair (actually a couple pair). It is sort of like squeezing in when you first put them on but once they are on I personally think they are alright. The pairs I own actually have some nylon in them so they are a little more stretchy which makes them easier to move in. I've tried on a couple pairs that are just straight cotton/denim and it was rough. But if they have some stretch, you should be fine.

Oh and they look great with some supre cute flats or boots if you wanted to have a more casual look :o)
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ooohh, I have a small addiction to super cute flats.....
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've owned several pairs and they've all been really comfy. Only problem I find at the moment is my legs seem to be a size smaller than my tummy and *kitten* so they're not as skinny as they should be lol
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love wearing mine. I actually have several pairs.

Different types won't be like squeezing into a tube of toothpaste. Mine have some stretch to them so they are pretty easy to pull on. Great with boots or flats!!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I have a few pairs. Usually they have lycra in them so it makes them easier to fit into. They're super comfy and the only jeans I wear in the winter because it's easy to wear them with boots.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love them! Just make sure they're not completely skinny, as long as they have a little elastic to them they will be some of the most comfortable pants you'll ever wear :D
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have several pair and I really LOVE them!!! Definitely get skinny jeans w/ 2% spandex for the stretch and you may go down a size b/c they stretch out. My favorite right now are the jegging jeans from Express and a pair I bought from the Limited. Also, the Gap makes a great pair of skinny cords - super comfy!! Happy shopping!
  • andrialindsay
    Options
    I do own some skinny jeans, although sometimes I feel like I look weird in them... I really like barely boot cut or the micro flare.... or straight leg.
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    I can't wear them.. I have issues with swelling in my calves so if I find a pair that fit my calves they end up being too big around my butt and waist. I can't wait for flares and or boot cut jeans to come back. I haven't been able to buy brand-new jeans in ages, it seems like all you can get are skinny jeans or old-lady jeans.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I was very anti-skinny jeans for a long time.. mainly because i wasn't skinny and felt i would look totally horrible in them. however i ended up getting a pair not too long ago and surprisingly they didn't look bad lol. mine are stretchy as well and are actually rather comfy and good for showing off boots and flats. i still don't see myself as skinny, but i don't feel like i'm stuffing myself in either..
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I bought leggings that look like skinny jeans. Way more comfortable ! So everyone thinks you are wearing skinny jeans, but your body is comfortable in your leggings !
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I only wear skinny jeans now and I love them. I have trouble getting them off sometimes but they fit great and I have no problems getting them on. :) I have long legs so they work for me. I'm one of those tucks her jeans into her ugg boots girls that everyone seems to hate but wearing skinny jeans makes it so much easier to put boots on ! plus sometimes I roll the bottoms up around my ankles which is also very cute. skinny jeans for the win!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Lol just steer clear of the dreaded 'jeggings' <shudder>
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I love my skinny jeans :love: they shape and form your body so well... They look great with flats or wedge heels... Getting into them well, you might break a nail :laugh: but once you're in them it's great.... They are comfy as well...
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    all i wear are skinnys...i love them! they are so comfortable. flare legged jeans always seem to get in my way or makes that swishing noise when i walk from them rubbing together at the bottom. and plus skinnys show off your legs so much more...in my opinion they make your legs look smaller than they really are which i LOVE

they can be a bit tough to pull off sometimes though...makes for an awkward sight if anyones around while im changing :blushing: