no weight loss this week

Options
So I've been steadily losing 1 - 2lb per week and this week it will be 14lb's lost .. or so I thought. But this week my weight has remained the same a loss of 13lb.
I've done nothing different ... still been under my calorie goal and been exercising . I know that this can happen and maybe it's down to muscle toning up.
My problem is tho that it has made me feel bigger again and this hating of my body again ... where as each week I've been delighting in the fact I've lost weight and I have been noticing weight loss in my clothes and in the mirror. My mind is making me see myself right back to my starting weight.. does anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi! Be proud of and keep in mind what you have accomplished up to this point! You've lost 13 lbs. in a short amount of time! That's great! You are not at the starting point and not seeing the scale go down is no reason to give up. Just push through it! You will see the numbers go down again! Do you eat a variety of foods? Maybe switch things up a bit for a jumpstart. Good luck to you.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sure this happens to all of us. This is where you stand back and notice... You really have been doing well. Maybe you are doing so welll that you are getting closer to a platau:) Just keep at it. REMEMBER IT'S NOT A RACE.... THIS ISN'T TEMP. If you let this get to you know, are you going to revert back to your old ways once you get to your goal???? I hope not.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Don't stay discourged. I know it's easy to say, but you can't expect to lose EVERY week. Our bodies go thru fluctuations and you have to try not expect weekly weight loss.
    Using myself as an example, two weeks ago I only lost 0.4 pounds and I started to feel bad about it, just like you are. But I had to keep in mind that I won't lose every week like I wanted (the weeks before I was losing ALOT).
    So this week, I lost 3.4 pounds!! And met my first goal BEFORE the date I set...YAY! So try not to stay hungup on not losing every week.
    Also what helps me is that a year from now when I'm at my goal, I won't even remember how I felt the first few weeks. Like Tujitsu56 put, it's not a race.
    Good luck and try not to let little things like this keep you from where you want to be! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same on Monday when I didn't lose my "weekly pound", It's hard, feeling like your hard work isn't paying off, but it DOES if you don't give up. ;) I lost the silly pound two days later, and have officially lost 10 pounds since I started.
    Keep at it! <3
  • gillad
    gillad Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you all .. you're making a lot of sense ..I'm sure once that pound goes I'll feel so much better... it's so easy to get cross with myself / my body for not losing that weight. I'll look for some different low cal foods to make a change ... and maybe get an extra swim in early next week .. before I weigh myself!!! Thank you sooo much for your motivation .. this weight IS going to go for good
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way as you this morning, just an 0.8 lb loss rather than the 3 lbs per week I was expecting.

So I measured myself and that showed a monthly loss of several inches which cheered me up and I had a nice NSV when I had a shower, that my thighs were less flabby than before.

Keep plugging away and we WILL get there :)
  • gillad
    gillad Posts: 15
    Options
    hey thanks for the advice to keep plugging away ... I weighed in 3lbs lighter this week!! happy I kept strong and focused through it .
  • lorals05
    Options
    I have a hard time losing the weight in numbers on the scale. I've weighed about the same for 5 years now. The only major difference I see is in inches. My clothes fit better or I sometimes even drop a whole size. I try not to go solely off what the scale says because I'd rather have results I can see than a number on a machine :)