I want a body bug, or something similar. Recomendations?

I'd like to find some sort of monitor that shows what my heart rate is, what calories I am burning, steps I am walking.....any recommendations? I'd like to stay low to moderate for price.
Thanks,
Sheri

Replies

• Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    bodybugs are expensive
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    I have Polar FT4 heart rate monitor (it is a watch and chest strap) which I believe was $79. I love it for feedback during my
    workouts.

I also now wear a BodyMediat Fit Core Armband (kind of like a BodyBugg), but I think that is more than what you are looking for. It cost $179 but doesn't actually use your heart rate.

Sounds like a good HRM would be sufficient for you.

Good luck!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Bump. I'm interested also.
  • CCUTT003
    CCUTT003 Posts: 1 Member
    I highly recommend it! I have one and I love it! :happy:
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Also, I loved the Weight Watchers pedometer and it was only $20. The HRM doesn't count your steps. The Core Armband does--but again, it's $$$.
  • Nurserich1
    Nurserich1 Posts: 2 Member
    Body media is a good device. You have to subscribe to their web service but it gives feedback on your activity, caories used, sleep effienency and comparison to activity with your calorie intake. It does not give your heart rate however. It helped me understand my calorie intake and usage. I would recommend it.
    Richard
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Maybe check out FitBit and the JawBone? A few of my real-life friends have bodybuggs that they like. None of these items are particularly inexpensive though. Good luck finding something that works for you :)
    -Andi
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    I have heard of a little clip on thingy that measures your calories you wear it all the time even when you sleep on your clothing, is that what you are talking about?
  • JayLe81
    JayLe81 Posts: 47 Member
    I bought the body bugg off of ebay. Of course to have just the web subscription was costly at first, but I feel it was well worth the money. I was stalled in my weight loss and after paying $32 for the body bugg and using it 22/7 I have been able to keep better track of my calories burned. I try each day to do as good as or better than the day before.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    I highly recommend the BodyMedia Fit band over the Bodybugg. Worth every penny and then some...
    Search "Body Media Fit" on here and you'll find lots of info...
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    bump
  • Anyone know anything about the FitBit?
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Hmmm I have the polar FT7 But when I checked on line for the FitBit it sounds interesting would love to read what other have to say if they answer your question.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Anyone know about this one???

Sportline Solo 915
  • k8bugz
    k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
    I'm also interested in the body media fit thing but not sure I want to drop that type of money. But I've been on a plateau for about 3 months now so I'm thinking it might be nice to really now what my BMR and daily activity levels are.
  • Bump for FitBit info?