New: Time to get serious

Options
I have been over weight for a long time now, and I knew that my weight was a serious issue but I didn't realize how serious until I got my recent doctor's report. Things aren't so good for my age. Actually, they are pretty critical at this point. Per my doctor's request I am looking to lose sixty pounds. He would like to see me at 125. Which I'd like to see me there too. However, I can no longer play around or make up excuses. It's time to get serious. My health depends on it.
Sometimes I can get side tracked and want to venture off somewhere else so I need people who are strong enough to call me out, but who are nice, kind, and have a sense of humor. In return I promise to do the same.
Also, even though I know there are a lot of great men on here I ask that you please not send me a friend request. I have nothing against you it's simply just out of respect for my husband. Thank you for understanding.

Replies

• patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am Patty and once again I try
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of losing 60ish pounds too. Look for my add! You can do this :)
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am danielle and I am in the same boat.
  • Proudmommiiof3
    Options
    I'm starting my journey over again starting today. I have about 50ish pounds to lose. Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • Yadib317
    Yadib317 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Your post sounds like something I would say. I'm in your same situation. The most important thing is persistence! Wish you tons of luck.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile: