So far I've lost 32lbs, but...

Options
I have to honestly say that I don't see much of a difference in my body except for a bit in my face and my collar bones. I see before and after pictures where girls have lost similar weight and they look DIFFERNT. I know we all carry out weight differently and lose itndifferently as well, but I can't kept but feel like I've not changed physically in looks. :(

Anyone feel the same or have any words of advice?

Replies

• DCUMM
    DCUMM Posts: 9
    Options
    Are you doing strength training as well as weight loss? Need that to define muscles. There are a lot of good cicuit training videos or even youtube videos that you can watch using dumbbells.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    sometimes I feel like I cannot see a difference but people tell me I look different maybe we just can't see it in ourselves
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

I am short, 5'2". 5 to 10 pounds loss equates to a dress size.

Taller you are it will take more weight to lose dress/pant size

Did you take a look at your before pictures?

Did you carry your weight a lot more in the middle, is it diminished.

32 pounds is a lot, 1 pound is 4 sticks of butter.

I am sure you are being hard on yourself, take a good look, you have surely lost in your butt, thighs, boobs?

Hang in there, be proud of your progress, I would love to say I have lost 32 pounds.

Everyone is different, how many people noticed, are you able to be more active, is your eating better?

Sincerely
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I do do strength training, yes. I could do more, but even with that aside I feel lik32lbs of fat should sho a difference! Ahah

And yes, I think that's the case. My sister tells me I look different, and that's great, but I need to see it myself.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    take pictures of you from the side, front and back and compare to a picture 32 lbs ago, i didnt notice how much i had lost until looking back on old pictures and putting it next to the new one
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I'm 5"7 so yeah, taller than you :)
    But I've also noticed that I carry my weight very evenly and lose it just the same. Ive been taking my measurements at Jenny Craig an I'm losing the weight from all over my body, not just n one place. Which is a great thing, but probably why I'm not seeing the loss like I'd like to.
    Thanks so much! It means a lot :)
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I have one from a year ago where I'm sort of posed on the side, and I think I look way different from there... I hope! :lol
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I totally feel the same. I have lost about 20 lbs and can't really tell the difference by looking. I CAN however tell the difference when I put on certain clothes that used to be much tighter but now are quite baggy... but then the flipside is that I'll put on my jeans and they seem to be just as tight as usual. :(
    People are telling me almost every day that they notice the difference... in my face. I didn't realise my face had been so chubby before! lol
    But I figure if SOME clothes fit looser, and many people are commenting on my face looking thinner then there must be SOMETHING changing, and I'm sure you're changing too!
  • jnfranks72
    Options
    I know that for me, I have lost about 20 lbs and I cannot see it in the mirror. However, feeling clothes that were snug fit looser is what does it for me! :) Good luck and CONGRATS - 32lbs is AWESOME!!
  • danacromwell1
    Options
    Are your clothes fitting differently even though you can't "see" the changes in your body? How do you feel? I found that I was able to really see a change in myself when I added The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels to my existing exercise program. It's tough but oh so worth it!
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    As for clothes, yes, they do feel different, some of them. As I think I've lost the most in my upper body, shirts are fitting differently and it's nice, it really it.

And I just started doing the 30 day shred! My poor, poor muscles ahaha. But it makes me feel good.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Try not to be so hard on yourself; 32lbs is a lot. Good job. Me being 5 ft 2in most of my weight is in the mid section; losing 10lbs since August when I joined MFP (10lb between March-Aug) other people saw the diff before I did. I mainly see it when I put on cloths that I was fitting last year this time and is now too big. Keep up the good work and try not to stress. You'll see it yourself soon enough.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    Thank you, it means a lot :)
    Maybe I am being too hard on myself, who knows. I ordered some tops in a size smaller than usual so I'll post pics when I get them!
  • marielladear
    Options
    hey the first 23lbs I lost, I didn't seeit! But there was change seriously! don't get discouraged by this, you're doing sooooooo amazing! Please, trust your body and just keep going! :)
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have lost 25 lbs. I only see a slight difference, but the biggest difference is in the way I feel. I'm not sluggish or tired anymore. I sleep better. My knees don't constantly hurt. My waist line is noticeably smaller on some days, but on others, I feel pudgy. It's consistently taken me 5lbs. to lose one inch on my waist, and tons of training with that. Don't worry! You'll get there. :smile:
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose, you aren't going to see a difference until you lose more. Really heavy people don't ever look pregnant for this reason. It also could just be you being self conscious. You should show us before and afters and get a non-biased oppinion.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Do people comment to you about weight loss? I know I did not hear anyone say much to me until I got to about the 40lbs loss. But I am sure there are differences in how you feel and look. Often we are our harshest critics.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I had to lose almost 50lbs before I saw a difference. I think it just depends on each person.

I also think the paper towel theory is right. The closer you are to your goal weight, the more obvious 10 lbs lost looks etc.

The first time I got a compliment though wasn't until I bought some new clothes (that were a big more form fitting and not so baggy/stretchy)....so maybe check out your wardrobe, are all your clothes hanging on you covering up all your hard work?
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    :smile: I think we are alawys more critical of ourselves! 32lbs is a great accomplishment and others around you see it! Don't get discouraged...you will start to notice the difference yourself. Hang in there!
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I do think my height plays a big role in how much my weight shows. I've lost 11.5 inches from all around o I know e weight s coming off, but I probably want to see a big change haha. How would I post pictures?

And thanks for the encouragement everyone, it helps a lot. :)