I can do this! I'm Serious!

Options
:happy: Hello all! My name is Alethea and I'm just coming into my second week of MFP. I like having the exercise & fitness trackers to help me with what i'm eating as well as how much I'm burning. However, I have a weakness for chips :cry: and the past few days I've given in with an excuse. I'm trying to remain on track with the healthy eating and workouts (5 days a week) but it does get difficult.

My goal is to lose about 40lbs. I'm 6'1" so many people say "They don't see the weight". But I sure do Feel it. I am the heaviest I've ever been (220lbs) and I just haven't been feeling comfortable with that. So with the help of MFP and others support..............

I KNOW I CAN DO THIS! I"M 100% SURE I CAN DO THIS!

Wish me luck.

Replies

• worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can! I'm 6'0" as well and I've lost over 50lbs in the last 3 years (214lbs to 160lbs). Nothing shocking - eating right (well, eating better at least ;-) and exercising. Just commit to it long term, and you'll reach (and quite possibly exceed) your goal!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. I am 5'10 & weigh 171.4 now, but I use to get the same thing from family & friends that I don't need to lose weight. You know what you look like and you're doing it for yourself, to become healthy.

Now about the chips..lol. Try the Special K. ones they are low calories for 30 chips. Friend me if you want.
  • translinda
    translinda Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was just at a Pampered Chef party last week. (NO, I am not a rep!) They have a new product where you can make chips in the microwave that took no time at all and you could use whatever seasoning you wanted on them. They actually were pretty good. and much healthier than out of a bag. Maybe that would help with your cravings for chips. And YES - you can succeed!
  • geogal95
    geogal95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    To stay on track and eat what you love!! I like special k cracker chips they have sour cream and onion (27 for 110cal) and sea salt ones ( 30 for 110 cal) They help me with the urge or I get pringles 100 cal packs. I hope this hepls. Good luck!!
  • Aliggins06
    Aliggins06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    YOU Can do this! DO NOT LET FOOD OWN YOU! I am here for support. Add me as a friend if you like. I am a beginner just like you. We all need support.
  • AJade15
    AJade15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Alethea!

I'm Alethea too! I just started MFP two days ago!

Good Luck! :smile:
  • Alethea_OnAMission
    Options
    Well THANK YOU ALL for your feed back and support. Its much appreciated.

I'm just excited about the idea of weight loss and being a healthier me again. I have a very supportive family and boyfriend so that helps a bunch as well. Trying to lose 20lbs is a task so you know what 40lbs does to your mind, your body and etc. But I'm motivated and I have the desire and will power to do it.

HERE I GO! :happy:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Chips seem to be a weakness for me too. Have you tried Cucumbers? I cut them up and then bag them and use them for the next few days. What I love is I can put salt and pepper on them or dip them in Italian dressing. Cucumbers help suppress your appetite as well so you get something crunchy and good! :))
  • Alethea_OnAMission
    Options
    Actually, I love cucumbers and generally I try to eat them as a snack. However, at times I find myself still giving in. My boyfriend would say "I thought u weren't suppose to eat that" and I would come up with an excuse in a flash....lol. But I'm getting out of that. I haven't really had the craving for chips as much just yesterday and the day b4 had a weak spot for them.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Chips can do me in, too! I just can't have them in the house, honestly. So then I started on a brick of cheddar and crackers. Ugh. Anyway, what I'm doing is air popping pop corn. Very low cal, and seems to satisfy my salt/crunch craving. I usually avoid "fake" foods, but I do use that spray butter on it. I no longer use microwave popcorn.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Welcome...you have a great attitude and YES...you CAN do this!