Weight Watchers question

Options
Hi
I have been in MFP for quite awhile... but I have not seen much of a weight lost. So I joined WW last week. My concern is that it is not enough calories. Since Friday I have dropped 2 lbs. I think I am only eating 1200 calories, if that. I was hungry for the first two days, but the past two days have been fine.
I guess my questions are... Was I eating too much before to lose weight? Is it okay to only eat 1200 calories. Is losing 2lbs in 4 days safe?
I only have to lose 8lbs to get to a healthy BMI which is my first goal.

Replies

• cerfin
    cerfin Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi
    I have been in MFP for quite awhile... but I have not seen much of a weight lost. So I joined WW last week. My concern is that it is not enough calories. Since Friday I have dropped 2 lbs. I think I am only eating 1200 calories, if that. I was hungry for the first two days, but the past two days have been fine.
    I guess my questions are... Was I eating too much before to lose weight? Is it okay to only eat 1200 calories. Is losing 2lbs in 4 days safe?
    I only have to lose 8lbs to get to a healthy BMI which is my first goal.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    There are lots of zero point things you can add to your meals and snacks on weight watchers...
    Also when you exersize you get extra points and your weekly allowance points are there if you need them.
    Some people will divide them up for the week so they have a bit more points.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    There are also an extra 35 points per week to use here and there....they do recommend you eat them. In the end, by the end what MFP calculates and what WW calculates are pretty much the same. If you are up for counting points then WW is great. I go and find the meetings very motivating.

Good Luck!
  • sallyomally333
    Options
    You will lose weight fast in the begining but it will taper off. I am on weight watchers as well. If you still feel hungry, make sure you are using your points on filling foods and low to no points options. Also, if you exercise, you can eat those points earned from activity! Hope this helps!:smile:
  • cerfin
    cerfin Posts: 41
    Options
    I think there is so much information in my head about too many or too few calories, starvation mode etc. I just get crazy trying to figure it all out. I have decreased my calories from 1650 ish to 1200 a day, and since it is still week one on WW, they haven't shown me the activity points...that is next week.
    Erin