A Man Alone

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
So, I guess this is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. The boyfriend says he's OK with it, so I guess that's all that matters.

I was going to go to my best friend's house a couple hours away for Thanksgiving, but the boyfriend has to work until 1:30 that day and asked me to stay and cook. He didn't make this request until last week.

So, I invited pretty much everyone in town I know whose plans I didn't know (I knew some of my friends had plans already, so I didn't bother inviting them, of course). I figured most people had plans already, but just in case.

So, a few people have taken me up on the invitation, but ALL women. lol The one who's coming who isn't single is married to someone who lives on the other side of the country right now and she's bringing her sister. So, the only other "man" in the house will be our cat.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good friends, food and conversation is all that should matter. Have fun. I'm sure your boyfriend won't mind. :drinker:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Agreed! I just feel kinda bad. It was such late notice. Oh well. He can hide somewhere with the cat if there's too much estrogen in the room. :-)
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This seems like a problem that would be fixed by getting another cat, just be careful not to get a girl. :)
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I tend to think he'll be too focused on football to mind.
    -wtk
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    He's learned a valuable lesson, perhaps: "Be careful what you ask for, you might get it." :laugh:
  • fat_tastic
    Options
    Does your boyfriend have any friends you can invite?
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My man loves a good get together with the women. I know he finds us far more interesting than his male friends lol goos luck x
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I think mine would be tickled to death to have a room full of women. I am a non talker, and he loves to gab. So, yes he would love it!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Not sure why you feel you need to provide male friends for your SO. Does he not have male friends he can invite? If he is a great guy, I'm sure he can interact with all of your female friends and have a good time.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Did you open it up for him to invite people too? That way if he's the only Y in a room full of X's he has no one to blame but himself (I do this to my DH all the time).
  • JaysBlondeBrownie
    JaysBlondeBrownie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    He'll be okay. On any given day my husband contends with me, our two daughters, and any combination of our four nieces, if not all of them. Oh, and I can't forget the friends they bring along with them. He maintains his manhood by harrassing them & doing gross, stinky things (thanks babe).
  • rml_16
    Options
    This seems like a problem that would be fixed by getting another cat, just be careful not to get a girl. :)

We have two cats and a dog already!

But I never actually go looking for pets. They just kind of show up on my doorstep. So maybe a male cat or dog will stop by. Or my neighbor will bring her two male dogs.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Does your boyfriend have any friends you can invite?

One, but I invited him and his wife and they have plans already. He's not real close to anyone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    I tend to think he'll be too focused on football to mind.
    -wtk
    As long as there's football, and he can turn up the volume.................
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I dont think he will mind. It was sweet of you to cancel your other plans to cook!
  • rml_16
    Options
    I dont think he will mind. It was sweet of you to cancel your other plans to cook!

Thanks. :-)

To be honest, I really wasn't in the mood to travel, anyway. I'm happy to just stay home and veg. I took Wednesday off to prep and stuff, so it should be smooth sailing.