139 pounds gone 76 to go

Options
Myfitness pal is really a life saver for me I've gone from 425 to 286.. I've been on diets before and none have been as effective as this one and it's all thanks to this program, my soon to be niece, and a man who took me aside at a bar and said you need to change your life, here's my card and call me... Never got a hold of him but it was some how important to me. Does anybody else feel as if this program has had a major effect on their lives?

Replies

• Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Well done on what you have achieved. I love the support you get on here. I believe If I would have found this place years ago I would no longer be over weight. I am so into MFP I tell all my friends about it and still they havent joined. They must be mad eh?
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've been grateful for this tool since I started last January. BTW... You've done an amazing thing. I'm amazed at your success! Being in control and doing what we should can be so hard, sometimes, seemingly impossible. You've done a great thing! Congratulations!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Yes, I've found that MFP has been of significant help to me. I've never thought about calories in vs calories out before, and this site - along with the mobile app - has really helped me to understand how this works - in practice, not theory. I feel successful in achieving the fitness goals that I set out to achieve - and more - and this is in large measure due to MFP.
  • satoshieyes
    Options
    Weird thing is this improved my voice for singing, at least enough that I recently won a few local contests..
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!

yes this site is great =D
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You Rock!
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Excellent work - keep it up!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss and the singing contests!! Wish it would improve MY singing, too!!!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You have achieved so much! Great Job, keep it up.
  • agoz1981
    agoz1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have used this program off and on for a few months. When I stick to tracking my food on a regular basis I lose. I have struggled with my weight loss for most of my life and just weighed in at 380lbs. I always seem to fall back into my old eating habits. That, for me, has been my biggest struggle. Recently I choked on a piece of candy and luckily was saved by a total stranger. What an eye opener that was. I have a wife and 2 kids and realized, in a blink of an eye it could all be over. This has motivated more than ever to loose this weight. Your story, along with many others, has also given me more motivation. I wish you continued success on your weight loss and singing.
  • satoshieyes
    Options
    Those moments are the most important sir, I wish you the best of luck. Though I use to be against I suggest taking vitamins and health pills like fish oil.. Without the vitamins I take I'm pretty sure this would have also been an uphill battle.
  • satoshieyes
    Options
    This left a double post don't know how to delete it
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    wow that is so inspiring well done
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You're really an inspiration...way to go. MFP has changed my life in that I'll be ending 2011 30 lbs lighter (19 lost since joining in early 2011).

My progress is slower than I hoped, but to be honest, when I track everything, it works. The food database is the most fantastic tool. I love it!

Keep up the good work and know that you're inspiring others of us on MFP. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Good job man, yeah I think the stars aligned for you with the guy taking you off to the side and then this site. This place is great. I found out yesterday that my cousin who teaches Nutrition and Exercise at a trade school uses MFP for all his students... We had never talked about it before, this is big.

I wish you continued success on your journey!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! And YES! MFP has changed my life much more than I ever anticipated it would! Having the simple to use tools and the support are slowly teaching me to have the health and fitness we all deserve, but with each pound lost and each minute more I have the strength to do something physically demanding, something completely unexpected is given to my mind and my spirit. Belief in myself, and hope for the future are slowly taking over where only fear and sadness once held power! MFP gives us so many more things than skinny jeans, doesn't it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!