This movie changed my whole outlook

Options
http://www.forksoverknives.com/

I just watched Forks Over Knives and it was incredible. It's a bit dry because it's loaded with scientific information, but well worth it. My grandpa has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and I have seen his struggle. It's really hard to watch a loved one go through it. I don't want myself, or any of my other loved ones, to have to go through that. So anyway, I think the proposed whole foods, very low animal protein diet set forth is the absolute best. I'm going for it.

Vegan partay!?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I had to watch that in my dietetics section english class last year! Wrote an analysis :]

AMAZING movie! Loved it :D Or maybe i'm a nerd xD hehe
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I liked this one too :)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I liked this one too :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It has a good intention, but it so majorly biased that I don't bother with it.

According to this movie, I should probably be sick or dying of cancer because I love animal foods. SMH. It's just not true.
  • SIGP229
    Options
    Vegan propaganda, nothing more.
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It s a good flick! I've been vegan/ vegearian for a few years feel free to add me if youre looking to make the switch :)
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    I loved it too! And Foodinc was another interesting doc, a little more disturbing though!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just ask Linda McCartney how her vegetarian diet prevented cancer. Oh wait... she died of cancer at age 56.
    Maybe you should ask Gertrude Baines, who lived to be the world’s oldest person on a steady diet of crispy bacon, fried chicken and ice cream. She's dead too, but she lived to be 115 and passed away in her sleep.
    Point is, no matter what you eat, you're gonna die.
    A healthful diet and exercise certainly help, but luck and genetics play a larger role.
    One study suggested that 33% of meat eaters get cancer, while 29% of vegetarians do. Not an overwhelming difference, especially since vegetarians probably have higher average economic status and other factors.