Insanity Workouts

Options
Just how good is this workout? I'm thinking about trying.

Replies

• jenfactor
    Options
    amazing, one of the best cardio workouts ever!!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing workout!! It kicked my butt! If you have been exercising for awhile this is a great way to ramp it up.. but if you are new to exercise this is not the place to start. I burned anywhere from 400 - 600 calories per workout. It is no joke! Message me if you want more info- I would be happy to answer any other questions you ahve.
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    It's the best video workout I've ever done. Now if I do any other video, I'm bored and feel useless. Any activity is good, but insanity is truly the best. Great cardio and strengthens your legs, arms, and stomach. It kicks my butt every time but I love it. It's definitely worth purchasing.
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    It is so amazing, I LOVED it, I am going to start it again for the holiday season!!!
  • techgeeksquared
    techgeeksquared Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kicks my butt!!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    It is an amazing workout!! It kicked my butt! If you have been exercising for awhile this is a great way to ramp it up.. but if you are new to exercise this is not the place to start. I burned anywhere from 400 - 600 calories per workout. It is no joke! Message me if you want more info- I would be happy to answer any other questions you ahve.

Is it recommended to do it every day? Or is it the type of thing you might do a couple of times a week and do something like 30 Day Shred on off days? I really want to try it, but I'm a little scared! haha
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Is it recommended to do it every day? Or is it the type of thing you might do a couple of times a week and do something like 30 Day Shred on off days? I really want to try it, but I'm a little scared! haha

It comes with several DVDs and a schedule so you know which ones to do on each day. There is a recovery week built in so your body has time to heal and get stronger. Not like 30 DS--You are pushing yourself harder and longer each day.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    http://trek2befit.com/insanity-schedule-insanity-calendar

Click on the PDF file near the bottom to see the schedule. It'll give you an idea of what I meant.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    It's awesome.. 6 days on - 1 day off for 9 weeks.

I'm already thinking about rolling into a my 2nd cycle as soon as I'm done.

DIG DEEP!
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Insanity is amazing. Great cardio and it goes by fast because you are constantly moving! Plus shaun T is just awesome high energy. They give you a routine to follow. You go 6 days on and off one day.

I do 5 days insanity and on the recovery day ( which is normally wed or thursday) i do weight training and stretching instead of the recovery dvd. It will always be a good work out, it'll get easier in the way that you'll move quicker things like 1-2-3 ( those were hard for me to catch on to) you'll be able to do. I always feel pumped when done and you'll always be sweating =)

I think they are worth it! They have a fit test that you take a few times during the DVD and you'll see the difference when you compare your 1st fit test to you 2nd 3rd.. so on. =)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    have you all lost weight doing this or just felt like you got stronger. i am looking into it but i'm not sure because of the cost of it.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    great workout :) you don't get a chance to get bored coz you are moving your butt all the time.
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    it's an amazing workout. I was burning over 700 calories sometimes (I used me HRM)

I did however, injure my toe from it and I am still recovering, but when I get better, I want to do it again! It's a great workout!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    have you all lost weight doing this or just felt like you got stronger. i am looking into it but i'm not sure because of the cost of it.

My sister bought it from Craig's List for $30 then gave me a copy.

Check out CL, I've gotten all my sets from there all original and sealed;

Turbo Jam $15 retail $75
    Turbo Fire $40 retail $140 (bonus set)
    ChaLean Extreme $25 retail $150
    JM's 30 Day Shred - free copy from my sister
    -
    Turbo Jam is still my all-time favourite.
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options

I lost weight and got stronger. Actually had to put on weight during insanity because I lost too much. It's intense and addicting. Completely worth the cost.