Which would you choose??

Options
I was running late this morning and so my Husband and I stop for coffee and breakfast at McDonald's, Now I know that isn't wise but anyway. So I had a small coffee and a fruit and fibre muffin. When I got the work I looked up the nutrition info. I love their Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin this is what I found out.

Sausage with Egg McMuffin Fruit & fibre muffin

Cal - 440 Cal 380
Fat - 26 Fat -14
carb - 32 Carb -56
Fibre - 2 Fibre - 6
Prot - 20 Prot - 6

I know that there is higher fat & calories in the sausage meal but I would think that the sausage meal would keep you fuller longer. I know that the better choice is not to eat these things at all but sometimes it can't be helped. Let me hear you opinion
Julie

Replies

• Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I used to make the mistake of going with the muffin thinking it was a healthier option and now that I know better I stay away from them lol I would have gone with the Sausage with Egg McMuffin much more filling.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Egg and sausage hands down compared to a muffin simply for the nutritional advantage, and of course if you like the taste better, then that's just more justification.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had a plain old Egg McMuffin the other day - I think it's a bit better than the Sausage Egg McMuffin, nutrition-wise. If you like the sausage version better, why not? It won't kill you.

McDonald's used to have a yummy (okay, my opinion) apple bran muffin - like 20 years ago. Does anyone remember them?
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Ack. Double post, sorry. Just meant to add that I think the Egg McMuffin is "better" in terms of being a bit lower cal, but I'm not sure about protein, fiber, all that other stuff.
  • p_funk
    p_funk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is best not to do either, lol. But I understand the convenience when running late, and I do the same. I would have probably gone with the Sausage Egg McMuffin. McDonalds also has Fruit & Maple Oatmeal that is very good and a little better for you.

With the brown sugar
    Cal - 290
    Fat - 4.5
    carb - 57
    Prot - 5

Without the brown sugar
    Cal - 260
    Fat - 4.5
    carb - 48
    Prot - 5
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    It is best not to do either, lol. But I understand the convenience when running late, and I do the same. I would have probably gone with the Sausage Egg McMuffin. McDonalds also has Fruit & Maple Oatmeal that is very good and a little better for you.

With the brown sugar
    Cal - 290
    Fat - 4.5
    carb - 57
    Prot - 5

Without the brown sugar
    Cal - 260
    Fat - 4.5
    carb - 48
    Prot - 5

Of course better needs to have context, and as far as overall nutrition the egg sausage would allow for long term survival where the muffin would eventually cause death. j/k