Jeans that actually fit.. help?!

MLeigh18
MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
Hi,

I really need suggestions on where to find jeans that actually fit properly. i'd prefer to stay away from a tailor as long as possible, but I'm starting to think that's my only option.

My thighs barely squeeze into my American Eagle size 4 jeans, but the waist is about an inch or more (depending on if I've just washed them) too big!

They're stretchy jeans, that seems to be the only thing I can wear these days. And no I'm not pear shaped, i'm actually apple shaped I just have really thick strong thighs. So if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find good jeans that fit strong shaped women, please let me know!

Thanks!

Replies

• ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    I've had good experiences with the Gap curvy range.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Try New York and Co or Express

NY has some different style i got the boot cut, they fit pretty good all around. =)
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Try Not Your Daughters Jeans ( sold at Nordstrom). Expensive but built for women, not stick figures. My cheap go to is Old Navy 'curvy' cut. Both have some spandex in them to fit o dr my swimmers legs and are nipped in at the waist. HTH
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Levis is making a line of jeans which are shaped to fit differently proportioned women. You can check them out on their website and take a quiz to find your correct shape.

Target and Eddie Bauer both sell jeans which are cut one size smaller in the waist than the hips and have a relaxed thigh area. I have a similar issue and I've found these jeans to fit really well.

Good luck!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Levi's has out a new(ish) line called Curve ID. They have 3 different fits for each size. I went in and got measured. The Bold Curve fit me great; thighs aren't baggy, and the waist doesn't gap.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    I recently bought a few pair at Kohls and they seems to fit really well. Everytime I wear them I am asked if have lost more weight. (plus) But I really haven't (minus). lol
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    You squished your booty into size FOUR jeans...and you're complaining?
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    I usually go for NY&Co or Express but you may even be able to find some at dept stores. I have the same body shape and I've been buying mine at Macy's lately because my size keeps changing recently and you can always find good bargains there around this time of year.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member

that's what I was thinking lol
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member

I know right!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    I have a smaller waist (10" smaller than my hips) and more muscular thighs and calves, and I love The Dreamer jeans from Old Navy - under $40!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Rue21 (if you shop there) has a curvy range as well. I think anything labelled curvy might help. Those jeans tend to be forgiving around the hips and thighs, but a little more pulled in at the waist. They always give me less of that gaping problem!
  • I have a booty and thick thighs but smaller waist and I really like Gap Long and Lean, they fit great. Also, my daughter has the same problem only more than me and i found a pair of jeans that fit perfectly! no buckling at waist and no belt needed. she has more of a big booty than thighs though, anyway they are Cato premium.
  • You squished your booty into size FOUR jeans...and you're complaining?

My thoughts LOL!

I'm in between a 9 and 11 (still losing) so i just get cheap-ish pants at places like ross/marshalls b/c i know in a month or so they won't fit any more. right now i only have 2 pairs lol and one is getting too big :(
  • You squished your booty into size FOUR jeans...and you're complaining?

My thoughts LOL!

I'm in between a 9 and 11 (still losing) so i just get cheap-ish pants at places like ross/marshalls b/c i know in a month or so they won't fit any more. right now i only have 2 pairs lol and one is getting too big :( but (:
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member

don't be deceive. I have a very very small booty. It's just my thick thighs.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Every gal deserves to have great-fitting jeans, no matter what size she is.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 729 Member

shes not complaining about her size. She is merely trying to find pants that will fit well. I understand her pain when you have a bigger thigh/hip ration than you do waist its hard to find jeans that fit you properly in the waist.

I find that Gap pants fit me well- pretty much the only jeans I can find that fit nicely.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    try Levi's they have a Curvy line that is meant for different shapes, I have wide hips but small thighs and legs, so its always hard to find something in a size 14 that is nice and tight and flattering.

Levi is a bit steep in price but worth it
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    I have the exact same problem. The best jeans that fit me are either Gap or I really like AE's Slim Boot style jeans. I have some from Eddie Bauer too but the regulars are too short and the longs are too long.
  • Gap and Eddie Bauer after much searching
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Ann Taylor has a CURVY jean...and you might want to try Apple Bottom jeans...I am far from a 4, but both those have smaller waists and fuller hips/thighs
  • Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.