8 week weight loss challenge before and after

Options
I just finished an 8 week weight loss challenge at my local gym. I lost 41lbs, dropped 8% body fat, and lost 19% of my total weight! It was hard work but we can all see significant changes if we put in the effort. I told myself after I turned 40 last November that this was the year I would stop talking about getting in shape and actually get off the couch and do it:) I'm almost there...........10 more pounds before Christmas!

photostrip-13214590093611.jpg

Replies

• iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Sexy!
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwesome! You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work!!

What did the challenge entail?
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • laboratorykat
    Options
    Awesome!! How on earth did you lose that much weigh so fast? Did you do biggest loser workouts? 3 and 4 hours in the gym every day?
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what did you do to get those kind of results! It's amazing, keep up the great work!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Great job, Mike! Perfect inspiration! you should blog this and lay out the workout formats and thoughts on your food intake.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    thats a great effort mate, sounds like the gym your attending really supports its members. be interesting to see where your at by chrismas, with that rate of progress. fair play to ya
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwesome! You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work!!

What did the challenge entail?

It was kind of like the biggest loser on tv. We had 3 teams that competed against each other in weekly weight loss and we had a couple team challenges that were more like the amazing race.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can really tell the difference in the traps, delts, pecs, and biceps. Nice work dude!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Great job.
  • mrimike
    Options
    thats a great effort mate, sounds like the gym your attending really supports its members. be interesting to see where your at by chrismas, with that rate of progress. fair play to ya

LOL I have no desire to continue losing at the same rate! It's time to start gaining some strength back.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    great effort... I have lost about 1/2 that amount and haven't seen a difference yet. Thanks for letting me know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment, keep up the good work!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job!
  • mrimike
    Options
    Awesome!! How on earth did you lose that much weigh so fast? Did you do biggest loser workouts? 3 and 4 hours in the gym every day?

For me, tracking my calories was essential! I had no idea how much I was actually eating. MFP on my Thunderbolt made that part of it quite easy. Then......it was about 60-90 minutes cardio each day. Nothing super secret, just cutting calories and pushing myself hard each exercise.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Well done, tell us more about the challenge please!!! xx
  • mrimike
    Options
    Well done, tell us more about the challenge please!!! xx

We had group workouts available 3 times a week that were kind of like cross-fit/circuit training. we were required to attend at least one to earn points for the challenge. Points were also gained by tracking food and exercise at least 5 days a week. Our last group competition was pretty fun. We had to push a truck, flip a tractor tire, do push-ups, drive to different locations to do other workouts like a trail run down by the lake, and a few others. the prizes were great too. I won a new mountain bike and got 6 months free gym membership, personal train sessions, and a few other smaller items! It was really fun and thanks to a very determined woman on the other team I was pushing as hard as I could:)
  • mrimike
    Options
    I just finished an 8 week weight loss challenge at my local gym. I lost 41lbs, dropped 8% body fat, and lost 19% of my total weight! It was hard work but we can all see significant changes if we put in the effort. I told myself after I turned 40 last November that this was the year I would stop talking about getting in shape and actually get off the couch and do it:) I'm almost there...........10 more pounds before Christmas!

photostrip-13214590093611.jpg

photostrip-1321464585072.jpg
  • lynnonamission
    Options
    Talk about a big difference.You look great!!
    :smile:
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    6month free gym pass...... why would you not want to continue your progress? I mean yea scale it back abit so it aint as hard core, but at the same time think of what you could have if you went at it for 2 more months...........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!