Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need fun exercise ideas! :)

Im struggling to have a good work out. In the last 2 days ive been working out on the eliptical and bike. But i just keep looking at the screen to see how many minutes i have left. I need to work out ideas to keep me going. Ive been meaning to use Zumba, but im scared that i wont be able to keep up with the teacher. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Replies

• MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Pole fitness is a real giggle if you're with a friend and the hour flies by so quick, I never want it to end!!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 241 Member
    zumba, swimming, kickboxing. and always just do what you can if the teacher is too fast do what you can and as you keep it up you will be able to keep up with the teacher in no time!! good luck
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    I like workout videos - Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is really popular on the forum here (do a search for about a bazillion threads! :laugh: ) Right now I'm doing her No More Trouble Zones DVD, and I've also done Burn Fat Boost Metabolism for a more cardio-oriented workout.

It's circuit training - she gives you 30 seconds to one minute of a particular exercise in a 6-7 minute circut, and (not the Shred, the other two) has 7 circuits per DVD. You can basically do as much or as little as you want.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    I had the most fun at Kung-Fu. It was a hard workout but learned all kinds of techniques and practical applications.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    They make Zumba for the Wii... I want to try that because I LOVE Zumba, but can't keep up with the instructor. :-\
  • Thanks so much for the ideas!! i would like to try jillian michaels work out videos. I think ill going Zumba class this weekend at my gym. They offer the class for 2hrs!
  • They make Zumba for the Wii... I want to try that because I LOVE Zumba, but can't keep up with the instructor. :-\

I actually rented Zumba wii from redbox and i loved it!!
  • Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    For a fun workout that will give you a full body workout check out kettlebells. I absolutely love these and wish there were more days and hours in a week to fit these in with my running and boot camp. You can pick these up at Walmart, Target or any sporting goods store and there are tons of workouts on youtube. You will get a full body workout- arms, back, core, butt, legs all in the same workout with good results.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Zumba is a ton of fun!! if you get Zumba fitness for PS3, XBox or Wii, it has 3 levels, Beginner, Intermediate, and Hard. In the Beginner one, the instructor goes slow, but I think it's a better workout than the Hard level.
    Here's a website where you can calculate the calories you burned (roughly) while doing Zumba.
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Playstation-3/dp/B003OPX802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321460618&sr=8-1
    this is the one I got. I really like it and I have no coordination or rhythm or anything...
  • Im deffinitly going to try all this and find a good work out that i have. I purchased the Gold Gym Wii Dance workout but i didnt find it to useful, maybe if i give it another try it would work the same.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    I'd suggest to look at various forms of dance. There are plenty of videos and dvds out there to check out- whatever kind of music you like best will encourage you to dance longer and spend more energy...

Personally, I like Bhangra, Bollywood, bellydance (both traditional and tribal), Hula (Hawaiian and Tahitian/Polynesian), Swing, ballet and even Disco :-)
  • Zumba is awesome...so much fun and it doesn't matter at all if you can do it or not...nobody cares, nobody is watching, everyone is just having a great time and getting a great workout. Most important thing is you need to find a really good instructor, not because its difficult, but because they set the tone for the class and the intensity. Plus, a good instructor will modify and include all fitness levels so it doesn't matter if you are level 1...you'll get a good workout, and have the option of advancing to higher intensity levels as you progress, therefore you will see continued results.