nsv: the plank

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
Been doing the plank for 30seconds each day for 6 days and just did my 30seconds then stopped then did my second rep, forgot to look at the timer and it was up to 40 seconds so I pushed myself to 1min and did it :-)

So pleased with myself I don't think I've ever done that before yay :-)

Replies

• rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's sooo awesome!! Your core is getting stronger! Way to bring it!!!
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    curse you plank!

ok i feel better
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yeah not a fan of it but love it compared to the side plank! Those are horrible hate hate hate!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have to do the plank in my workouts at the gym and they kill me. Wow that move alone is pure evil. I am improving and its a good feeling. Well done xx
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What is a plank?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I love planks, but they get tough.

@cryone...a plank is sort of looks like the starting position for a push-up. the differences are: (a) you lock your arms directly under your shoulder...not wider as if you were doing a push-up; and (b) you hold that position for as long as you are able...you don't go up and down. the key is to hold your body in a straight line, like a plank of wood. your butt should not be raised; your hips should not slack. its one of the best exercises for your core.
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I did that this morning as part of my randomabs.com workout, and it is slowly getting easier, but still not fun.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    nice!! i have a love/hate relationship with planks :laugh:
  • remy_rare
    remy_rare Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thats an awsome stretch of time at a go!!! :-) way to go girl !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!