New here- new Bfing momma

Options
Hi everyone! I've been using the site for food tracking for about a month now, but have not come to the boards!
I'm a new mom to my daughter born August 19th! I am breastfeeding, so not able to limit my calories too much without affecting my milk, but am doing my best! I am currently 5ft 11in and weigh 237. I'm hoping to get down to 187... 50 pound loss by the time I return to work August 2012.

Any other new moms who are breastfeeding on here?

Replies

• jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello there, my name is Jess and i am a breastfeeding mama as well! And always looking for new friends and encouragement! :happy:
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm not a new momma (momma of two both BF'd) but I hear ya on the BF'ing.

FYI - Under food there is listing for BF'ing. That way you can still work in the calories you burn BF'ing and not doing anything wrong to your milk supply :)

Welcome and enjoy :)
  • huckahe
    Options
    Congrats momma!! You will have no problem dropping the weight while nursing! However....the real test will be when you are done nursing. It will be tough because you still might feel as hungry as you are now but won't be burning the nursing calories anymore. Therefore I would focus more on your exercise right now than worrying about calories. The exercise is what is going to take over and give you the most bang for your buck when the nursing ends ;-) Good Luck!!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards!

I've been BFing for 7 solid years now. Gosh, that sounds funny. LOL NOT all the same kid, don't worry. I started taking extra calories to make up for nursing, but found I didn't need to once solids were real involved, and I just make sure I get lots of water.
    Hey there! I'm not a new momma (momma of two both BF'd) but I hear ya on the BF'ing.

FYI - Under food there is listing for BF'ing. That way you can still work in the calories you burn BF'ing and not doing anything wrong to your milk supply :)

Welcome and enjoy :)
    I used this, too!

Good luck to you!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm still breastfeeding my 19 month old (normally only once or twice a day at this point, but he's not ready to give it up yet LOL) - I also breastfed my first baby for 18 months. I don't worry about it *quite* as much since I'm only doing it a couple of times a day, but occasionally we have days where he's really fussy (teething or not feeling well) and will feed more, and I'll allow myself extra snacks on those days to help my body keep up with the energy demands.

I just found that we have a breastfeeding 'group' here on MFP and just joined - here's the link if you're interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/197-breastfeeding-support

The 'groups' are a new thing. I think it's going to be pretty cool. :-)
  • ckeachie
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information!!! :)