What is your greatest temptation?

What is your greatest temptation and how do you avoid it?

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Skippy peanut butter with honey.

The only way I can avoid it is by not having so much as a teaspoon, because once I do then the rest of the jar is emptied.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Liquor. It's hard especially on weekends .
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Sugar...anything with sugar in it. Well, I can't avoid it...it's everywhere. But how do I not eat it? I have found the only way I can do it is to not eat any, ever. Once I have one bite, I can't control myself. So I make pretty much everything from scratch so it has no sugar in it. And any dessert in the house goes in a drawer so it's not visible. I know it's there but it helps me.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Donuts.

Easy, I dont buy them. I don't eat them.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    alcohol. I don't have it at home and don't drink it at home, but its hard to NOT drink in social situations, which I am often in.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Random foods lying about, because I grab them without thinking. (Like candy bowls on a co-worker's desk, for instance.) It's not that I can't resist, it's just that I don't think about it. MFP is what helps me avoid it - because I'm in the habit of thinking about everything that goes in my mouth.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Dessert! Heck, if sugar was not a problem, I would skip meals to eat dessert.
  • icecream...i used to eat a whole tub to myself...and i would do it at least twice a week...no wonder i was over 300lbs!

now, i dont buy it...and save it for a treat for myself (not a reward, a treat!)...

if i do want some icecream after dinner then i just get the little single serve Edys at the store (about 200 calories each) and then that it is...i like the small size cause i get to eat the whole thing...
  • Drivethru. By gritting my teeth, and trying to eat a healthy snack before getting in the car.
    Sheri
  • Ice Cream! I grew up with it. Every. Single. Night. One bowl, like a ritual as far back as I can remember, and it's well before I started elementary school. I'm a proud ice cream aholic. My girlfriend bought me some small bowls in my fav color. I've decied now that when I have ice cream, I have 1 or 2 small scoops and they look so much bigger than if they were in the big gargantuan bowls I'd fill before. So, smaller bowls that I love (fav color), smaller portions, and much less often. I also love Mochi ice cream, and it's a pre-portioned amount at 100 caloires, so once in awhile I'll have those as well, so I get both mochi and ice cream, two loves of mine.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    It varies... this week it has been chocolate, and I'm normally not a big chocolate person.. but I have a feeling TOM is coming soon so that explains that. And pasta- I can eat 5 servings of pasta covered in melted cheese and devour every last bite. To avoid it, I just don't cook it. If I do, I make sure to measure out a portion and cook only that, so then I cannot go back and get more. It's tough but I've come a long way. In high school I would cook a whole box of elbows, add half a jar of sauce and half a container of grated cheese.... it was a major comfort food for me, and since getting my emotional eating in order it's easier to say no or stick within portion limits.
  • Ice Cream hands down! So I just don't buy it. But my husband did buy me an ice cream maker for Christmas... :happy:
  • It's always good to know your weaknesses so you can work with or eliminate them. Mine is CHOCOLATE anything. Chocolate cake, chocolate milk shakes, chocolate chip cookies, and etc.

I try to stick to dark chocolate and not eat a lot at one time.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    chocolate and pretzels, I just dont buy them and I told my boyfriend to slap me if he catches me trying to buy some =p