What is your greatest temptation?

Options
What is your greatest temptation and how do you avoid it?

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Skippy peanut butter with honey.

The only way I can avoid it is by not having so much as a teaspoon, because once I do then the rest of the jar is emptied.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Liquor. It's hard especially on weekends .
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sugar...anything with sugar in it. Well, I can't avoid it...it's everywhere. But how do I not eat it? I have found the only way I can do it is to not eat any, ever. Once I have one bite, I can't control myself. So I make pretty much everything from scratch so it has no sugar in it. And any dessert in the house goes in a drawer so it's not visible. I know it's there but it helps me.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Donuts.

Easy, I dont buy them. I don't eat them.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    alcohol. I don't have it at home and don't drink it at home, but its hard to NOT drink in social situations, which I am often in.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Random foods lying about, because I grab them without thinking. (Like candy bowls on a co-worker's desk, for instance.) It's not that I can't resist, it's just that I don't think about it. MFP is what helps me avoid it - because I'm in the habit of thinking about everything that goes in my mouth.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dessert! Heck, if sugar was not a problem, I would skip meals to eat dessert.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    icecream...i used to eat a whole tub to myself...and i would do it at least twice a week...no wonder i was over 300lbs!

now, i dont buy it...and save it for a treat for myself (not a reward, a treat!)...

if i do want some icecream after dinner then i just get the little single serve Edys at the store (about 200 calories each) and then that it is...i like the small size cause i get to eat the whole thing...
  • SheriG9
    Options
    Drivethru. By gritting my teeth, and trying to eat a healthy snack before getting in the car.
    Sheri
  • SoCalMike
    Options
    Ice Cream! I grew up with it. Every. Single. Night. One bowl, like a ritual as far back as I can remember, and it's well before I started elementary school. I'm a proud ice cream aholic. My girlfriend bought me some small bowls in my fav color. I've decied now that when I have ice cream, I have 1 or 2 small scoops and they look so much bigger than if they were in the big gargantuan bowls I'd fill before. So, smaller bowls that I love (fav color), smaller portions, and much less often. I also love Mochi ice cream, and it's a pre-portioned amount at 100 caloires, so once in awhile I'll have those as well, so I get both mochi and ice cream, two loves of mine.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It varies... this week it has been chocolate, and I'm normally not a big chocolate person.. but I have a feeling TOM is coming soon so that explains that. And pasta- I can eat 5 servings of pasta covered in melted cheese and devour every last bite. To avoid it, I just don't cook it. If I do, I make sure to measure out a portion and cook only that, so then I cannot go back and get more. It's tough but I've come a long way. In high school I would cook a whole box of elbows, add half a jar of sauce and half a container of grated cheese.... it was a major comfort food for me, and since getting my emotional eating in order it's easier to say no or stick within portion limits.
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    Ice Cream hands down! So I just don't buy it. But my husband did buy me an ice cream maker for Christmas... :happy:
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    It's always good to know your weaknesses so you can work with or eliminate them. Mine is CHOCOLATE anything. Chocolate cake, chocolate milk shakes, chocolate chip cookies, and etc.

I try to stick to dark chocolate and not eat a lot at one time.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    chocolate and pretzels, I just dont buy them and I told my boyfriend to slap me if he catches me trying to buy some =p